Neurology- Area Business Leader
The Area Business Leader (ABL)
develops, implements and monitors strategic plans for the district to deliver
results and meet program objectives, based on contract specifications. First line manager to a team of Neurology
Representatives responsible for managing various aspects of their employment
(recruiting and hiring, on-the-job training and coaching, administrative,
performance management and corrective action, employee development, etc.).
- Translate program requirements, based
on the executed Statement of Work, into operational tasks for successful
execution of contractual deliverables.
- Manage a team of Representatives in the
assigned district in all areas of their employment:
- Communicate team objectives in ways
that promote teamwork and create a strong sense of shared goals among team
- Monitor and manage training needs of
the Representative, engaging Training Manager when applicable.
- Conduct field rides and deliver timely
and constructive feedback on quality and content of their calls as per
expectations set by the client, using approved Field Coaching Report forms.
- Monitor Representative
productivity/metrics, workload and outputs while ensuring compliance with
policies and processes and addressing issues through corrective action process
as they arise.
- Continuously assess Representative
performance as it pertains to project progress, results and timelines and
create and deliver individual development plans and performance appraisals
according to Touchpoint Health performance management policies and standards.
- Create a team-oriented, productive and
positive work environment by developing and mentoring Representatives through
individual and team meetings.
- Provide on-going coaching to ensure
that Representatives possess the most up-to-date knowledge on project
- Refines a complex landscape and assists the
Representative to focus on critical actions
- Monitor employee compliance with all
company policies and procedures and engage/work with Touchpoint Health Compliance
to resolve issues and follow up with disciplinary action when needed.
- Manage conflict and employee relations
on the team, engaging Human Resources when appropriate.
- Provide administrative oversight
manage team members' attendance, approve time off, schedules, expense reports,
- Ensure that Representatives fully
comply with all laws, regulations and Touchpoint Health Policies, Code of
Conduct, terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration
Agreements, PDMA Guidelines, and all privacy and data guidelines and relevant
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Represent client at National and/or
local conventions when applicable.
- Regularly communicate with Client on program related
matters affecting Client (engaging Touchpoint Health field leadership and Client
Services as appropriate).
- Monitor project status/changes and
develop solutions to address arising issues by engaging Client Services and
field leadership on issues that may impact revenue, client expectations or
consumer perception of the client and their products.
- Assist Finance, field leadership and Client
Services with tracking profitability and effectiveness of Client projects.
- Maintain project files and reports as needed.
- Communicate to Client Services new
opportunities among existing clients.
- Assist team with utilization of all
technology requirements: CRM use, expense and OSIM reporting, activity reports,
sales reports and other reports as needed.
- Must be able to drive in order to
complete field rides with representatives within the assigned geographic area,
and hold a valid driver s license.
- Must be able to travel for work-related
meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior experience
in Specialty Pharmaceutical sales role required.
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical sales
- Neuroscience, MS, or Oncology
experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated sales success and
successful product launches
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent people management/supervisory skills;
strong ability to develop Sales Representatives, and ability to lead and mentor
- Strong process facilitation, problem solving and
analytical thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex
technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise
including competitive product knowledge.
- Thinks holistically about the business and is
proactive in addressing potential risks, patterns and trends.
- Focuses on solutions, not problems
- Excellent selling/persuasion/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and
strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative,
effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a
fast paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to handle
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to recruit, retain and develop
high performing sales talent; ability to manage turnover and vacancy process.
- Must be able to deal with people at all
levels inside and outside of the company
- Demonstrated technical aptitude,
working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete
client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to leading
the team within the parameters of the program.
- Ability to drive to assigned targets within the
district using own automobile or fleet vehicle (if one is provided by Touchpoint Health).
- Ability to travel to work related
meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
- A valid driver's license.
Solutions, Inc. provides best-in-class commercialization, clinical, and consulting
solutions to life sciences and healthcare companies. Touchpoint Health Solutions, Inc. specializes
in the sales and promotion of pharmaceutical brands, services, and products
through field and inside sales.
When you join Touchpoint Health
Solutions, Inc., you have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the health
care industry. Our commitment to a team-oriented culture and value-based
leadership model provides an environment where our employees can work to their
full potential. All opportunities with the Company offer competitive
compensation including a
comprehensive medical benefits package, 401K benefits, and the
opportunity to grow with the nation's leader in healthcare sales.
One of our goals is to continuously drive innovation through
our people by creating an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy work
environment. We encourage and support
equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law,
genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status,
pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and
ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an
individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other
qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or
Follow us on Social Media!