Specialty Data Consultant
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Specialty Data Consultant in Lexington, MA.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Specialty Data Consultant working on the Commercial Operations team, you will be empowered to provide expert level support to Takeda s US Commercial organization with products that move through the Specialty Pharmacy distribution channel (henceforth referred to as Specialty Products ), concerning secondary data; primarily sales and prescription data obtained directly from Specialty Pharmacy, but also may include secondary market research, EMR data, and market information among others. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by effectively communicating the strengths and weaknesses of these sources to stakeholders. A typical day will include:
- Working across a wide range of stakeholders ranging from colleagues in US Commercial, US Pricing and Market Access, US Patient Services, and finance. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage this wide variety of stakeholders who all demand a lot from Specialty Product data and may have differing priorities.
- The successful candidate will be someone who will be seen by stakeholders as a subject matter expert in Specialty Data. This will be achieved by leveraging the candidate s past and current experience which will be further developed by working with the Commercial Data Management team and with Specialty Data suppliers and vendors to identify solutions to fill any gaps identified by the internal team and stakeholders.
- This role is part of the Commercial Data Management (CDM) Team, which is reporting into the US Commercial Organization. Therefore, it will be required to partner with CDM team members, to ensure that the most appropriate Data is procured for relevant stakeholders in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Day to day responsibilities will include stakeholder communication and requirements gathering, manage vendors, lead projects, prioritize requests, and plan and organize analysis. He or she will also be expected to plan for future needs as the healthcare market and Takeda s business evolves. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for ensuring awareness and understanding of how to use already available Data. Therefore, this person will be responsible for setting up appropriate trainings, meetings and webinars with stakeholders.
- This position will be responsible for partnering with Market Access in managing relationships and leading negotiations with key Specialty Pharmacy vendors for data acquisition. As part of this, the person must be able to analyze and communicate Data purchase contract provisions to relevant stakeholders as well as be aware of Takeda policies (in particular the Contracting and Data Privacy policies).
- As the Data will be utilized across the organization, this role will be responsible for ensuring this data is made available to stakeholders (as permitted by contracts) and used appropriately.
- 40% Franchise Business Partner:
- Review Weekly Data Quality reports with franchise partners
- Understand business Data needs and use to drive decision making
- Capture, document, and communicate franchise Specialty Product Data requirements and needs to data suppliers
- Ensure Data purchases address business priorities in a cost-efficient way
- Manage 1-2 franchise implementations of Data Aggregator
- Communicate and coordinate franchise Data priorities with Data Aggregator Vendor, Specialty Pharmacy Partners, and other data suppliers
- 15% Contract Administration:
- Collect Specialty Product data requirements from Franchise Partners and communicate these needs to Data Partners and vendors
- Partner with Legal, procurement, and finance to draft SOWs and negotiate Specialty Product data contracts on behalf of franchise partners
- 15% Proactively communicate with stakeholders about and train stakeholders on available Data
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor s degree or equivalent. Master s degree a plus.
- 4-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with expert knowledge of secondary data sources and Specialty Pharmacy
- In depth knowledge of the Specialty Pharmaceutical market and the differences between retail and Specialty markets, data sources, and distribution models
- Experience in Rare Disease and/or Specialty Markets is a requirement
- The individual in this role should be knowledgeable about available Specialty Pharmacy Data, the differences in this data compared to syndicated (retail) data, and the specific limitations and opportunities unique to Specialty Products
- Highly organized with the ability to track multiple open items and priorities to completion
- Ability to manage vendors and hold them accountable to SOW and contractual terms
- Ability to rapidly build close and meaningful relationships with stakeholders to understand and meet franchise data needs
- Strong skills in data analysis and in the technical packages (Dataview, Excel), including advanced excel functions to ensure quick and effective data analysis
- Strong communication skills to prepare clear insights and recommendations to be shared with customers at various levels in the business
- Excellent project management skills focusing on projects involving multiple stakeholders (e.g. IT, Procurement, Vendors)
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence/motivate stakeholders and drive toward consensus.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to establish logical and story flow and skilled in choosing best graphic representation for points to be made. Experienced presenting to senior management, with strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
- In depth understanding of senior sales and marketing managerial expectations and requirements in Pharma industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across and up and down the organization
- Willingness to be flexible and operate as part of a high performing team to deliver on the team s priorities.
- Experience dealing with various interrelated, interdependent systems. Experience leveraging systems for process enablement and to provide solutions compliant with contract terms, Takeda policies and overarching considerations.
- Ability to work in ambiguous or new situations by demonstrating a structured approach to diagnosing the problem, analyzing alternatives and recommending and implementing best solutions.
- Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty
- Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work
- Able to grasp new / cutting-edge solutions, quickly adopt them, and communicate these solutions is a clear concise manner to stakeholders
- Very complex decisions involving multiple constituents. Decisions are multi-faceted and involve multiple interdependencies. Will provide recommendations based on business and stakeholder priorities, combined with objective analysis of data and insight generation.
- Highly collaborative and influential role interacting with senior management and stakeholders like Business Insights and Analytics leaders, Sales Heads, US Patient Services Organizations, US Commercial Data peers etc.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.