We are looking to fill 3 Director-level Market Access and Channel Strategy, US positions in Specialty/Rare Disease therapeutic areas. The roles will align to three of the Takeda U.S. Business Units - Gastroenterology, Immunology, and Hematology / Rare Disease.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Market Access and Channel Strategy, US in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Market Access and Channel Strategy, US working on the Market Access team, you will be empowered to ensure understanding of the key environmental trends affecting the overall access and reimbursement of assigned franchise products now and in the future, and a typical day will include:
- Position and market assigned franchise as a valued partner to targeted payer and channel customers.
- Develop US market access and channel strategies that will ensure assigned franchise achieves the best possible access position for existing and future products while ensuring a sustainable revenue stream.
- Ensure close collaboration with other Managed Markets colleagues along with Medical, HEOR, Marketing, Finance, Analytics and Reimbursement / Sales Field colleagues to capture relevant payer insights, identify data and policy gaps and propose solutions, develop compelling value propositions, and ensure field-based teams are equipped with the right tools.
- Lead all payer market research within assigned franchise.
- Ensures assigned franchise has a deep understanding of underlying healthcare ecosystem/payer/channel dynamics in every therapy area in which they operate. Develops and oversees overall strategy to conduct payer / channel landscape analyses to assess opportunities in existing and future indications and make adjustments and changes to business strategies.
- Proactively ensures reimbursement perspective is incorporated into market access & pricing strategy as well as multi-functional therapeutic and product assessments throughout key clinical development milestones and strategic commercial decisions.
- Works closely with the franchise s Commercial and Medical Affairs organizations to develop payer / channel strategies and value production for assigned franchise therapies. Collaborates with HEOR in the development of payer evidence needs and ensure it is integrated into the Medical/HEOR evidence plan.
- Work collaboratively with functions including the Field Teams helping design value propositions, health economics models, tools and resources for the field based on their input. Ensure assigned franchise brand plans incorporate the needs of patient, payer, and healthcare provider.
- Develop and oversee key payer / channel strategies, initiatives, and metrics to assess impact of key strategies.
- Actively contributes to annual brand planning and budgeting process to represent payer and channel customer segment. Supports organizational planning in anticipation of product launches, including developing market access resources/tools and requirements for successful commercialization.
- Active contributor to forecasting / planning process to ensure sound and aligned assumptions.
- Partners with NPP and BD functions to inform market access inputs for early-stage / targeted assets
- Identifies, as appropriate, payer/ system-specific opportunities for innovative arrangements based on brand strategies in collaboration with Strategic Partnerships
- Develop deep capabilities across BU s portfolios (with focus on assigned franchise).
- Oversee all payer and channel market research within BU.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong understanding of US payer market dynamics and how managed care organizations make decisions across commercial and public channels.
- Experience and knowledge across multiple market channels including: payer, PBM, IDN, distribution, specialty pharmacy, GPOs.
- Experience with Commercial brand planning process.
- Financial acumen including resource allocation, budget management and reporting, strategic sourcing, and P&L evaluation.
- Strong analytical capabilities to ensure robust inputs to decision-making.
- Strong understanding of how payer and channel decisions impact gross-to-net and government pricing
- Possess strong leadership, business acumen, ability to manage multiple priorities, processes, timelines, and expectations of multiple stakeholder groups. Inspire and lead innovation and synergies across cross-functional teams to maximize team productivity and outcomes in support of overall portfolio.
- Ability to refine franchise strategy based on anticipated future changes. Projects future trends of the industry and global forces to make proactive adjustments.
- A demonstrated ability to process complex information and summarize it concisely in writing and/or verbally in a professional manner and within a time sensitive environment is required.
- Demonstrated success in development/execution of targeted briefings for executive leadership, senior management, and business leaders; Well organized, highly motivated, innovative, process-driven, results-oriented; and possesses outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate cross functional teams, without direct supervisory authority.
- Experience in managing projects, including overseeing work plans, and budgets.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Excellent judgment to make recommendations on complex business and public policy issues, and act with a view toward what is in the best interest of the company and assigned franchise.
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex recommendations that impact the enterprise.
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions.
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution.
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope.
- Demonstrable passion for ensuring effective communications with all internal and external stakeholders leading to highly productive, collaborative and efficient relationships.
- Drive solutions-oriented thinking by fostering a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation, and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment.
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Team player in collaborating, supporting, and implementing department and function initiatives to advance corporate agenda,
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation,
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions,
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market,
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
Works within assigned franchise with knowledge of impact across BU and enterprise. Works cross functionally with Medical Affairs, Legal, Finance, Analytics, and Public Affairs.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in related field. Advanced degree in business, economics, health policy or relevant area preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare, of which 2+ years in payer marketing/market access. Solid understanding of clinical trial designs and drug development process as well as experience with both small molecules and biologics and specialty products.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.