- Supports all local manufacturing operations.
- Assist supervisor in organizing, scheduling and directing other team members.
- Conduct shift change meeting as needed in lieu of shift supervisor.
- Troubleshoot process problems and respond to process alarms. Main troubleshooting/response person.
- Operate general production equipment for the assigned area.
- Prepare media and buffer solutions.
- Main interface with other departments to resolve issues related to equipment, process, and compliance, including maintenance, metrology, and validation.
- Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Write, revise and review pertinent documentation as appropriate.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams and may serve in a leadership role.
- Represent the department in cross functional teams as necessary.
- Initiate and/or coordinate other process improvement projects.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Assist with process/equipment validation and data analysis.
- Assign other project work and/or involvement in teams to team members.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED plus 6+ years of experience or associates degree or higher with 4+ years related work experience.
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing techniques and specialties.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations. Good procedural writing skills.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Must be able to apply quantitative analysis to analyze process performance.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs., lift up to 50 lbs., and push/pull > 100 lbs. (with the assistance of material handling equipment).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time over an entire 8 or 12-hour shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs while wearing special gowning.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and/or squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.