- Guarantee continuity of supply for part numbered Raw Materials in SAP including non BOM items. Ensure that supply is in line with requirements and the requested safety stock targets.
- Optimized and independent Purchasing Planning, Materials Management and tracking of assigned items from Supply/Demand and Order Placement up to release of material.
- Continuous monitoring/maintenance of safety stock levels, slow moving items and Inventory turn rate.
- Secure information flow between supplier and internal stakeholders (Supply Chain Planning, Global Sourcing and Procurement, Supplier Quality, Receiving and Inspection) on an operational level.
- Lead related projects as assigned
Reporting and analysis: 30%
- Perform analysis/review tasks and subsequently execute corresponding actions for: MRP run messages, Safety Stock, item master data (Planner Buyer resp. related parameter), inventory level (i.e. slow movers, excess/obsolete)..
- Prepare forecasts for GSP
- Support process improvement initiatives for both process logic and process performance topics
- In case of product supply shortages, develop and communicate transparent and up to date supply plans to internal stakeholders. Monitor execution of agreed plans, measure performance and solve and communicate any deviations from agreed plans. Decide on supply trade offs in close cooperation with all Supply Chain Planning departments.
Transactional operations: 30%
- Order Management and supplier relations: Create purchase orders in SAP for raw materials in support of ongoing operations and projects. Coordinate order confirmations, monitor deliveries delivery dates. Expedite POs when necessary. Manage administrative, order related tasks, e.g. order process for return shipments (credit note), reconciliations for mismatching quantities on invoices, missing shipping documents, etc.
- Balance future capacity workload for Warehouse, Quality Control Inspection and Releasing activities based on future arrivals
- Expedite QA release activities to support ongoing operations
- Support on decisions regarding buildup of strategic inventory (at supplier or in-house)
Supplier management - life cycle: 25%
- Issues management: Align with local GSP department., SC site lead and internal stakeholders. Check and define impact on supply, escalation and communication to Global Sourcing and Procurement and other internal stakeholders
- Support material qualification, /SCAR/VCN actions, Change Control and VCN phase in and out, and delivery performance data for the SPR Review process
Project Management 10%
- Lead/Participate on materials management projects as assigned by manager
Administrative tasks: 5%
- Audit preparation and participation - responsible persons depending on audit goal / auditing organization. b) Training for self.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in supply chain management or procurement in the bio-pharmaceutical industry or a a federally regulated industry.
- Corresponding experience with an automated ERP business system (SAP preferred)
- Project management skills
- B.A./B.S. in a technical discipline, Business Administration, or Supply Chain
- APICS or PMAB certification
- Greater than 5 years professional experience in supply chain management or procurement in the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience with SAP ERP
- Additional experience in Materials Management, Disposition/Planning and Cost Accounting is preferred.
Other Job Components
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Decisions on necessity of escalation of raw material issues acc. to defined escalation process
- Decisions regarding inventory replenishment and optimization of inventory level, i.e Safety stock level definition, etc.
- Decisions on bridging inventory to cover supply interruptions.
Internal and External Contacts
- All requestors of Material und Services all Internal: a) R&D b) Manufacturing c) other plants d) Global Sourcing and Procurement e) all Supply Chain Planning departments f) Central Warehouse g) Master Data Center h) QAR/Receiving & Inspection i) Supplier Quality.
- Material Supplier - Vendor
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.