The Business Analyst (BA) Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality is a bridge between the Business (Need) and the Technology (Solutions). The Business need can be anything about overall business systems (model, process, method etc.) and solutions can be about efficient use of technology (architecture, tool, software application etc.). The BA is required to analyze, transform and ultimately resolve the business problems with the help of technology.
The BA analyzes the organizational need, assesses and documents its processes and systems, and helps define the business model and its integration with technology. The BA leverages appropriate cross-functional expertise from a team of architects, operations managers, strategists, business experts and IT leadership to develop accurate cost, resource and time estimates for both initial development and ongoing support for a proposed solution. The BA assesses and documents requirements, assumptions, dependencies, and risks for potential solutions to technical and business issues for both new and previously established systems. The BA is a key member of the Site IT team and is a focal point of customer engagement for initiatives as assigned by the Site IT leader. The BA establishes strong working relationships with business and technology resources.
There are potentially five tiers of business analysis in which the BA will participate, with a tendency to participate in the more mid-level to junior conversations:
Strategic planning: to identify and document the organization's business needs Business model analysis: to define the organization's policies and technology approaches Process design: to standardize the organization s workflows System analysis: to interpret business rules and requirements for technical systems System support: to identify opportunities for improvement and to resolve issues in current systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 40%: Requirements Analysis: Working with the team towards defining a solution that will meet the agreed requirements, including documenting and analyzing business inputs, modelling the business domain using process diagrams, flowcharts, data models, exploring behavior models (use case, user experience design, storyboards, wireframes, user profiles and user stories), assessing business architecture, performing gap analysis, conducting feasibility studies, , and verifying and confirming requirements.
- 30%: Elicitation: Working with stakeholders to help them understand their requirements within the scope of a project including eliciting requirements, brainstorming options, analyzing documents, running focus groups, analyzing system interfaces, interviewing stakeholders and subject matter experts, observing real-time activities and work environment, facilitating requirements workshops, reverse engineering existing systems, and collecting input via surveys and questionnaires.
- 20%: Solution Assessment and Validation: Assessing proposed solutions to help the stakeholders select the solution which best fits their requirements, including developing mechanisms to assess how well solution meet system requirements, evaluating alternate solutions, determining quality assurance mechanisms, crafting and assessing Requests for Proposal, supporting implementation through periodic check ins of requirements clarity and scope definition.
- 10%: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Planning the tasks and activities for Business Analysis covering stakeholder analysis, managing issues, risks and requirements, and monitoring and reporting on business analysis activities, resolving conflicts, gaining formal approval through governance processes, and tracking requirements through to business case approval
- Depending on the assignment, this role may be required to work independently or participate as a team member. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in both situations.
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated skill in the area of documenting complex business requirements and translating those to investment proposals
- Demonstrated application of planning and evaluation Demonstrated application of business case development
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service fundamentals such as methods to solicit feedback, obtain requirements, weigh and prioritize their requirements, and differentiate between constituencies in a customer base
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related study, required 5+ years of relevant IT/Business experience including project scoping, analysis and documentation of business and technical requirements
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry required; specifically in a manufacturing and engineering environment encompassing both internal and external solutions
- Experience consulting and working in complex, global matrix organization is preferred
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.