This role will be the Finance Lead at the Associate Director level for our Round Lake, IL facility approximately 50 miles north of Chicago, IL. The overall responsibility for this role will be to improve and maintain all aspects of the financial management and reporting systems while working together with the site business partners to provide financial insight and direction as we grow our capacity at the site. This is a critical role within the site leadership team to help create value for our patients.
- Owns the monthly financial review processes with reporting, analysis of variances and action planning.
- Works with internal customers to understand their reporting needs and deliver clear financial reports and in process KPI s that allows teams to proactively deliver their team goals.
- Review and approve project controls reporting.
- Provide transparency and reporting of risk and contingency.
- Develop the 3-year financial plan (MRP) for the site for operations to include product volumes material costs, and overhead
- Develop in depth understanding of financial systems being used and how it affects financial reporting.
- Establish and manage the Internal Control Platform working with corporate accounting, Global Business Services and internal audit ensuring all corporate governance standards (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley), local regulatory requirements and corporate finance and accounting policies, practices and procedures are met.
- Lead execution of financial planning processes for the organization, including but not limited to: forecasts, budgeting, mid-range plan.
- Finance Lead is responsible for meeting targeted site and Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) Finance objectives, ensuring department objectives are aligned, translated to all and visually managed to drive efficiency.
- Drive the capital policy, evaluate new capital requirements and participate to the project prioritization.
- Sustained performance through lean leadership, robust learning and development planning, organization talent reviews and communication planning.
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification, standard work, visual management and a learning organization.
- Responsible for timely updates of site achievements and challenges. Actively working cross functionally to maintain a highly effective and productive end to end approach across our business.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with legal, EHS and all Takeda policies and procedures which are applicable to the site.
- Role model the behaviors that creates a culture of integrity, fairness, honesty, perseverance in line with the Takeda Values of Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business.
- Ability to translate the vision and goals of the company and site to the Finance team.
- Enterprise mindset to ensure the right prioritization for the site.
- Excellent influencing/collaboration skills and teamwork mindset.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proven ability in using a wide variety of lean tools and building capability within teams.
- Change agent who will support the organization with good change management tools and techniques.
- Strong Talent Developer with a focus on creating a continuous learning organization through active coaching.
- Effective communicator with a proven ability to grow talent and future leaders.
- Promoting a culture where diversity and inclusion is part of the DNA.
- Identifying and communicating risks in area of responsibility and across the site.
- Creating strategies and plans to manage risk within Finance.
- For continuous improvement collaborates with Business Excellence peers across the Plasma business unit in Takeda and through external forums to drive business excellence across the site and champion business case development to support prioritization of highest value to the patient.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting. A post-graduate qualification (MSc., PhD or MBA) is desired.
- At least 10 years operational finance experience in a manufacturing operation (biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical Devices)
- Proven people leader with demonstrated ability to develop and grow capability in individuals and teams. Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong working knowledge of financial and non-financial metrics and product costing.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.