- Provides Medical leadership, medical strategic planning, resourcing, as well as scientific, medical and clinical oversight in support of medical, payer and patient access strategies for the specific therapeutic area.
- Leads medical team responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of medical affairs research strategies (including post-approval investigator initiated research, phase 3b/4 and outcomes research) and medical & scientific communication platform(s) for assigned portfolio,
- Provides medical input into the long-term vision and growth strategies for all products in therapeutic area
- Lead US Medical Office Therapeutic group, including medical directors and matrix team(s). Responsible for direct line managing of medical directors and other direct reports as required.
- Lead and direct the medical responsibilities by providing scientific insight and development of strategy for the given products within assigned portfolio by leading, or actively participating in cross functional teams to realize Takeda s overall vision.
- Serve as US Medical Office medical and scientific expert for products within assigned therapeutic area and represent US medical affairs on governance committees as appropriate
- Work within the US Medical matrix organization and is ultimately accountable for all medical affairs strategic and execution deliverables for all products in assigned portfolio
- Form integrated partnerships with the corresponding US business Unit and the Managed Market Organizations
- Form integrated partnerships with R&D therapeutic area(s), providing US Healthcare system medical insights into ongoing and planned development programs
- Interact internally with senior level management requiring negotiation to guide the overall activities of the specific product(s) and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations and Meetings. Trade Exhibits etc. to achieve Takeda s scientific objectives
- Manage the Medical Affairs budget for US Medical Office therapeutic area
- Provide oversight medical review, direction, and sign off of promotional pieces processed to the DDMAC Regulatory Affairs committee.
- Lead the publications strategy by providing scientific and publication plan input.
- When requested, provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the therapeutic area of expertise of the director.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of an PhD or MD degree required with either industry or academic research experience, or equivalent combination of experience
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking
- Board certification desired in therapeutic area related to position
- Life cycle management experience preferred
- Senior leadership experience in pharmaceuticals or related field, leading a small to medium and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong ability to analyze a wide variety of scientific data including financial figures and market research data to make management decisions
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.