OBJECTIVE: This person serves as the leader of the evaluation of the Immunology Neurology landscape and is responsible for translating them into a strategic plan for the US market. The scope of responsibilities ranges from aligning strategic initiatives to developing vision and strategy for engagement with opinion leaders within Immunology & MMN. The role requires an individual that can build and lead teams both in one s span of control, and through many disciplines including but not limited to sales, US and global marketing, competitive intelligence, compliance, medical, legal, and regulatory. Excellent execution skills as well as brand leadership experience are needed. Strategic thinking and creative problem solving are essential for this person to be able to work both inside and outside the organization to effectively be able to show results. The person in the role should have the ability to understand market trends, brand priorities, customer needs along with the assessment of competitive intelligence data. Also needed is the ability to develop and execute strategic brand plans and pull them through into all elements of the marketing mix. Most importantly, this person should be a leader and work to develop a strong high performing team within his/her direct organization and within over a dozen different disciplines. In addition, the Director will:
- Deliver on flawless and expedient execution in the US market through cross-functional team leadership and strong collaboration.
- Execute on brand strategy and positioning within the Immunology market.
- Lead a cross functional team that is dedicated and focused on the strategic imperatives set forth in the MMN brand plans.
- Own budget tracking for team spend and must be at +/- 5% of commitment on a quarterly basis (or cadence determined by finance)
- Continually prioritize the external Opex to maximize resources that provide the highest return.
- Ensure that all compliance guidelines are instituted on each material developed and the appropriate process is followed without exception as noted in Code of Ethics.
- Accountable for the performance of Gammagard for MMN in the US and delivering on the organization s expectations.
- Lead the team to develop and finalize US MMN strategic plan to provide direction to drive key tactics.
- Leading the development of the long-term neurology plan for the US
- Develop and deliver professional education, HCP/Patient programs, marketing strategies, plans, budget recommendations and agency directives.
- Ensure cross-functional engagement of the commercial strategy and direction
- Ensure product strategies are translated into clear goals and objectives for all members of the organization.
- Develop relationships and interact with cross-functional team members, and provide customer insights and customer and patient centricity into all decision making.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with provider community to drive Takeda business and brand objectives
- Continually assess performance management of the brand business and ensure alignment for professional education and quick resolution based on lead indicators.
- Accountable for elevating key issues and driving decisions, with the expectation of quick escalation to SL when necessary.
- Lead, manage and coach direct team to improve overall skill set and growth and development (manage individual performance
- Clear the path for team on key initiatives (including work with CMLR, compliance, medical affairs, legal, etc.)
- Create a high performing team culture that inspires purpose driven performance transparency in sharing information, honoring commitments, sharing opinions openly, keeping confidences and unity around shared decisions
- Build and foster meaningful relationships and interactions with cross-functional team. Ensure alignment of strategy and communication.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 8+ years of marketing, sales or related function experience in the pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated record of success in driving brand performance.
- Track record of strong strategic thinking coupled with effective implementation.
- Country level experience in the U.S. is a plus. Strong ability to understand both internal and external market environments, key stakeholder priorities and relationships.
- Ability to convert strategy to action.
- Strong business acumen and proven leadership in driving business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in driving differentiation and an expert knowledge of marketing fundamentals
- Background in strategic planning and stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to develop a strategic engagement plan and flexibility to think in different scenarios
- Ability to select/evaluate talent and mold an effective team
- MBA preferred
- Experience in senior marketing positions at a commercial pharmaceutical organization.
- Experience with assigned product or therapeutic area as needed.
Demonstrated success and outcomes in cross-functional leadership roles in pharmaceutical development and / or commercialization
- Strategic Planning and Implementation Ability to develop an overall marketing strategy and oversee the implementation of the strategy
- People Development Ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of staff members and provide suggestions for improvements
- Management Ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes, and direct staff.
- Problem Solving - Strategic marketing direction and informing all decisions regarding professional engagement, customer perspectives, consultation and advisory insight while optimizing budget and internal alignment, and developing talent within the organization.
- Communication Ability to communicate ideas, data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Budgeting Ability to create and maintain an accurate budget for department expenses.
- Marketing Competency Brand positioning, segmentation, message platforms, DTC, market research principles, creative development
Internal and External Contacts:
- Internal Contacts: Immunology Senior Leadership Team, Commercial Operations, Sales teams, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Market Research, Finance, Patient Services, Regulatory Affairs, Advocacy, Communication, Competitive Intelligence
- External Contacts: KOLs, HCP influencers, congress organizers, key agencies and vendor partners
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.