Responsible for the design, development and enhancement of manufacturing processes.
The primary responsibilities of this role are the execution of equipment and process improvement projects, design, development or enhancement of new and existing products and processes and being a system owner for manufacturing equipment and processes. Enhancing process knowledge, technical problem solving and mentorship are major elements of this position. This positon will provide technical support to the manufacturing and maintenance functions for the operation of equipment and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input
- With minimal guidance, schedule and lead a team through the planning and execution of a medium sized project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
- Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technicians and contractors on assigned work and projects.
- Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of the Manager. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
- Lead technical problem solving for operational issues using engineering and scientific principles
- Perform equipment testing and commissioning, and support qualification activities as needed.
- Lead/participate in process equipment improvement projects. This consists of identification and implementation of equipment and process changes in adherence with industry standards and company quality systems.
- Support manufacturing operations through the system owner concept. Remain responsible for equipment operating efficiencies and identification and resolution of systemic issues.
- Create detailed and accurate project schedules and budgets in accordance with the approved scope. Interface and align with cross-functional groups. Remain accountable for projects timelines and spending. Identify and resolve issues that may jeopardize project schedules/scope/cost in a timely manner.
- Establish, develop and drive Good Engineering Practices and execute projects in accordance with the prescribed project management methodology.
- Strong process engineering skills based on sound engineering and scientific principles
- Extensive technical expertise and strong working knowledge of other related disciplines of engineering common to the business
- Must have excellent communication skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of professionals, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing, describing complex processes and qualifications
- Able to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience
- Effective team member with experience in handling multiple projects and leading cross-functional teams with minimal guidance
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to incorporate cGMP concepts, quality systems requirements and safety into process and equipment design
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect an understanding of business objectives and cost implications
Education and/or experience
- BS in Engineering and 5+ years related experience required. Demonstrated success in delivering results in several technical challenges. Experience in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment related to Engineering, Project Management and Validation. The candidate must have good communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (only for non-exempt positions).
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.