Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
- Gather, understand and document business requirements, specifications and requirements on small/medium size projects.
- Develop, support and execute unit/system test cases, scripts and plans. Facilitate testing activities within the team.
- Define, design, and document business flows, specifications documents and processes on small & medium size projects.
- Define and articulate business rules required for data accuracy and consistency.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Act as the primary contact for the data management process between IT developers and the business.
- Provide end-user support on applications supported within the organization during and off business hours.
- Identify, analyze, propose and document appropriate solutions for problems and issues that may impact the project.
- Identify, investigate, understand and provide resolution to issues that may impact day-to-day operations.
- Daily support to the manufacturing unit by attending daily meetings, on call support or by monitoring application documented issues.
- Use technical tools for (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem and investigation resolution impacting product or manufacturing processes.
- Understand and follow appropriate SDLC, quality validation processes and application processes.
- Communicate status, solutions and concerns.
- Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team and across functions or teams.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the business or function.
- Provide cross-functional and business knowledge to develop business system and process alternatives.
- Provide strong knowledge of an enterprise/ cornerstone system (such as MES, JDE, LIMS, integration with other manufacturing systems).
- Train others as appropriate on specific area of business or systems expertise. Assist in development of training materials, and provide training to the end users as required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant work experience in systems or business.
- 5+ years experience in systems support/development applying systems solutions to business problems.
- Experience in system testing, production support, validation, problem resolution, and training.
- 5+ years experience in applying information systems solutions to business problems.
- Experience in system testing, validation, problem resolution, and training.
- Solid business knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of the application development process.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases concepts.
- Familiarity with business process flow and/or entity relationship modeling.
- Good communication (verbal/written/listening) skills.
- Experience with GMP systems and change management process. Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated focus on first time right and quality. Sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to work with in a team setting.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.