Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Medical Science Liaison as a remote based employee covering the (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX) territory.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Medical Science Liaison working on the Neuroscience team, you will be empowered to educate to help enhance clinical care and build strategic relationships. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by supporting the development and life-cycle management of Takeda compounds. A typical day will include
- Applies advanced field-based medical experience, subject matter knowledge, and skills in supporting medical strategies for Takeda compounds and in addressing unsolicited requests for medical information from healthcare professionals, as well as managed care organizations, payers and other formulary decision makers.
- Maximizes and leverages thought leader relationships by identifying mutually beneficial opportunities that meet the strategic needs of internal stakeholders.
- Participates in and contributes to projects and initiatives within a matrix environment that increase the value and productivity of Medical Affairs (MA).
- Takeda needs. Successfully connects thought leaders internally to serve as advisors, expert guest speakers, investigators, and business development partners.
- Leads and facilitates the fulfillment of unsolicited requests, coordinates and delivers scientific, pharmacoeconomic, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to regional managed care organizations, payers, and other formulary decision makers.
- Actively participates in executing MA strategy at medical conferences by identifying relevant sessions, coordinating field coverage, and proactively facilitating thought leader interactions with Takeda stakeholders.
- Regularly collects and interprets medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with thought leaders and payers. Communicates relevant information to internal stakeholders in order to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Presents accurate, fair balanced scientific information to external customers, including at medical meetings or Takeda sponsored meetings.
- Lead the execution of the field medical component of sales training and speaker training initiatives.
- Regularly identifies and facilitates external research aligned with Takeda s medical strategies. Facilitates review and tracks progress of ongoing aligned research projects.
- Consistently aids in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation.
- Consistently completes all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Mentors and coaches others within Field Medical Affairs.
Education, experience, and skills
- Doctoral degree preferred, Masters considered in a health sciences related field preferred such as a PharmD, MD, Ph.D, NP or PA with equivalent experience considered, with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Three years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree including a minimum of 2 years of medical liaison experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Albuquerque, NM, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK