The Specialty District Manager is responsible for planning and implementing district sales plans and coaching for success. This role includes building and leading the district sales team; providing support and coaching for sales team members; establishing and managing relationships with key customers, professionals and internal stakeholders; managing the district sales business operations (e.g. policies/procedures, budgets, sales and account data, etc.). The Specialty District Manager has direct responsibility to lead and manage a team of Neuroscience Specialty Representatives who promote Takeda s Neuroscience product(s) to an audience of psychiatrists.
- Develops and implements market based business strategies that achieves sales objectives, maximizes exposure and opportunities for company products. Develops business plans through analyzing data, conducting account analysis and evaluating market data.
- Proactively evaluates business opportunities and strategies providing recommendations and solutions to business challenges to RBD and district sales team.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and development of Neuroscience representatives. Aligns performance for success by focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives and creating a learning environment.
- Coordinates with local Area Directors and the National Director for Strategic Accounts to create and support an integrated selling model as needed.
- Implement sales and marketing programs to support Takeda s plans for U.S. growth in assigned district.
- Holds self and all on team accountable for achieving sales and Takeda objectives and goals.
- Ensure full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to the standards of all State and Federal regulations.
- Provide strategic input to Marketing personnel for development and continued evolution of the marketing plan.
- Establish productive business relationships with key local, regional and National Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) within the geographical coverage area and assigned therapeutic areas. KOL s include health system, group practice and network as well as prescriber thought leaders and decision makers.
- Takes initiative in developing professional working relationships with internal business partners and serves as liaison with other functions, as well as other sales and marketing personnel.
- Work with Regional and National Account Managers to stay up to date on managed market issues in district and implement initiatives to maximize sales. Works collaboratively with Manage Markets partners to achieve shared sales and product access objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2 years of management level experience in the pharmaceutical, Neuroscience, biologic/biotech, or medical device industries which may include district management, specialty account management, or 1 year of management plus 1 year of cross functional experience (i.e. marketing, training, etc.).
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Demonstrated ability to coach, delegate, and motivate a sales team providing timely feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans to deliver sales results.
- Strong communication skills Verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong experience using MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Reside within or close proximity to assigned geography
- MBA or Master s Degree
- Experience with infusible or injectable products
- Account-based sales (e.g. hospital, health system, infusion centers and large group practice) experience
- Experience in Immunology and Gastroenterology
- Biological product launch experience
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites to work with sales professionals attend meetings on a local and national basis, and training.
- Overnight travel to support district
- Travel 50-75%