Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director Operational Alliance Management in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Ensures that all terms of an Alliance partnership agreements are adhered to by both parties while upholding the best interests of Takeda.
- Regularly communicates with Alliance Partner counterparts and other key partner stakeholders as needed, including ad hoc communications/events that require cross-functional communication and crisis management.
- Leads coordination efforts with internal business development, global procurement, commercial and external Alliance partners to support these relationships and maintain routine processes including inventory planning and delivery, supply and lifecycle management, and CMO contract negotiations for one or more globally distributed products.
- Manage the relationship with one or more Alliance Partners related to global product supply.
- Liaise with Takeda Business Development, Legal, Finance, Clinical Development, Commercial and other internal or external stakeholders to ensure that key contract milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are handled appropriately, and also to provide information/updates as needed.
- Establish and facilitate an efficient and collaborative interface between Business development, Global Manufacturing and Supply and Alliance Partner counterpart.
- Lead and/or participate in contract renegotiations as appropriate
- Participate in review of new partner contract negotiations as appropriate and provide input into partnership execution terms of the contract, such as governance structures and processes.
- Serve as lead Alliance Partner Manager for all key Licensors and monitor all partnership related activities.
- Participate in alliance management group meetings to review progress and issues and share best practices to ensure effective communication, decision-making, conflict resolution, and performance.
- Execute the governance for new partnerships including conflict resolution mechanisms, and expectations on cross-functional communication practice.
- Facilitate internal alignment between and among appropriate parts of Takeda to present a clear voice to the Alliance Partner.
- Responsible for ensuring outsourcing trends in the industry that could impact Takeda s current and future External Network success are assessed and communicated as required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in business, management, science, or finance (Master s/MBA desired)
- 13+ years experience in at least two of the following cross-functional: production, engineering, product development, project management, sales and marketing, quality, purchasing, finance or legal.
- 2+ years experience related to non-US operations/regulatory.
- Held a position in which the ability to influence senior executives was demonstrated, as well as sound creative skills to utilize both traditional and innovative solutions.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of product commercialization including Alliance Management, supply chain management, operations, outsourcing and post commercialization support.
- Must be able to present ideas with clarity, conviction and confidence. Must have a strong network among industry outsourcing/technical/business leaders.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Engineering, Project Manager, Operations/Production Manager or Materials Manager, Pharmacist/Scientist.
- Knowledge comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry or related process manufacturing environment in a large multi-national prescription drug manufacturer or related organization.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner internally and externally.
- Strategic Implementation ability to implement and monitor the overall supply chain strategy through knowledge of company s operations and procurement expertise, industry knowledge and competitive analysis.
- Management leadership, project planning, status tracking, conflict resolution and partnering with other departments.
- Collaboration ability to collaborate and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data to influence and negotiate contracts
- Supplier Relationship Management builds mutually beneficial relationships between company In-License Partners, develop strong rapport with local and global partners.
- Takeda GMS/GQ Operations comprehensive understanding of Takeda s GMS/GQ operations.
- Approximately 25%, both domestic and international
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.