Senior Manager, Finance will be a dedicated partner for global Oncology Marketing and Medical function heads (Up to 240oy of Operating expenses)
- Manage the comprehensive financial planning, analysis and reporting for Oncology Global Commercial & Medical functions Lead financial planning, monthly close and analysis support
- Continually directs the accurate and value-add analyses to address ongoing management concerns and issues.
- Accountable for regular full Country P&L analysis ( Global Initiative country) from Royalty income streams/Milestones and manufacturing sales, to cogs to expenses (Global Medical, Commercial and G&A)
- Improves organizational performance by aligning people, processes and tools in support of business strategies by translating the broad strategic vision into the tactical details necessary to deliver commitments on financial results
- Lead and manage financial planning processes for assigned commercial/medical teams, resulting in highly accurate submissions both on revenues (Velcade and Iclusig Ex-US royalties, Milestones and other royalties) and Costs (personnel, cost packages projects/tactical expenses and Medical Research activities)
- Manage the monthly financial close process including identifying and resolving discrepancies in actual transactions in SAP versus planned activity and instructing accounting to initiate correcting entries as necessary, on an ongoing basis. In charge of balance reconciliations for accounts in connection with their activities
- Oversee, design and distribute monthly reporting packages to senior management and budget owners, summarizing functional area financial results. Develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for revenues, Margins and expenses on assigned functional areas (personnel, cost packages and projects)
- is the Finance department representative for the supported Commercial/Medical teams and therefore accountable for correct implementation/execution of key Financial processes in these departments such as Education on PO & accrual management, on use of reporting tools and finance concepts. Proactively provide advisory services.
- Is the Finance representative for GBT (Global Brand teams) and drive the process leading to integrated brand budgets across functions and OBU geographies)
- Design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies.
- Oversee concise and well thought out financial presentations for Plan/MYC reviews with senior level management
- Provide complex analysis and identification of cost reduction opportunities in Global Marketing and Medical operations and the required remediation activities to meet financial goals and needs. Makes suggestions and recommendations to senior leadership based on analysis.
- Orchestrate involvement of appropriate functions/individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups.
- Perform high-level analysis of outcomes of executive-level meetings and provide recommendations for effective execution. Sends follow up communication to senior leadership as needed
- Plan, identify, develop and produce appropriate activities, tools and SOPs in collaboration with other Takeda and OBU functions required to support the processes and effectiveness of operations.
- Acts as a key liaison for daily activities with such support functions as, Shared services, Procurement and Global Finance teams (financial systems, FP&A)
- In charge of Sox controls with expectation of no deficiencies
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting or Business management
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years in financial planning and analysis roles
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong strategic thinking skills, corporate and cross-functional viewpoint
- Ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment
- Master degree in science and/or business preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical /biotech preferred
- Experience interacting with different functions and divisions within Takeda including Japan, U.S. and Europe.
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diplomacy Skills- strong skills in working with others, across all levels, functions, cultures, in a global environment
- Analytical Skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data, including financial figures to make strategic decisions.
- Communications Skills- excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills needed
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen ability to define, develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Project Management - Ability to set priorities; develop workflow processes, and direct a team of colleagues with no official reporting relationship.
- Curiosity and humility
- Valid passport
- Valid driver s license
- Ability to drive to and/or fly to various meetings, including international trip.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at www.takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.