The Director, Head of Vaccine Multichannel Excellence will champion efforts to establish Takeda Vaccines as a leader in leveraging multichannel customer experience to achieve our ambitions in a customer centric, innovative, and value-driven way.
The Lead is responsible for development and implementation of the cross-functional Vaccine Business Unit (VBU) digital strategy focused on engagement with external stakeholders (consumers, HCPs, KOLs, etc). This includes leading development of innovative, integrated multichannel projects that serve multiple customer segments across relevant channels. The Lead also serves to advise key business stakeholders on digital communications, insights, methodologies, and best practices, supporting both understanding and enablement. The role should act as a catalyst between the commercial organization & our key internal business partners, and plays a pivotal role in scaling the digital transformation for our vaccine franchise.
- Oversee and be responsible for all VBU digital initiatives within the scope of external stakeholder engagement
- Ensure alignment across commercial, medical, policy and communications when building and designing the digital engagement strategy and tactical plan
- Identify innovative strategies to gain insight and build a digital approach
- Lead creation of multichannel plans that are integrated across channels, focusing on a seamless customer experience
- Develop commercial digital roadmaps by asset which will include a gap analysis and a recommended plan of action that will support the launch and post launch of our candidate vaccines.
- Develop strategies and tactics for integrated, multichannel engagement programs designed to achieve brand and business objectives
- Provide sound business justification for investment in digital (e.g., based on market trends, audience insights, program analytics)
- Create, share and evangelize digital engagement methodologies, such as personas, journey/experience maps, CX frameworks, etc.
- Define a high-level channel roadmap based on our stakeholder insights and brand imperatives to support brand campaigns (pre-launch and post-launch)
- Identify new multi-channel customer facing initiatives and channels that will enhance the customer experience
- Co-design IT system infrastructure with our IT business partners based on requirements and needs from core stakeholders
- Ensure continued coordination and communication with internal IT teams and vetted partners
- Collaborate with core internal stakeholders to define digital strategy, translating needs into capabilities and mapping against an IT ecosystem
- Ensure understanding and alignment with existing or required country-level ecosystem and capabilities
- Develop robust, cross-brand, data acquisition and analytics strategy
- Oversee development of digital assets, managing internal and external partners, and ensuring continued engagement with business teams
- Ensure measurement & optimization strategy, KPIs, and system support are identified, developed & in place for all digital assets
- Design/enable co-creation approach of digital assets with LOC (country) teams
- Align with market research to provide expertise and advise on integrating digital topics into the scope of insights research to drive strategic and tactical (could include, digital behavior analysis of key customer segments, digital landscape analyses of specific disease categories, competitive digital footprint analysis and monitoring)
- Provide ongoing thought leadership across functional teams and infuse strong digital thinking across initiatives and projects. Keep core stakeholders abreast of emerging digital trends/technologies and innovative digital marketing programs
- Facilitate awareness of digital services and systems to internal customers and other stakeholders
- Drive digital excellence & building new capabilities in collaboration with external partners as well internal subject matter experts
- Engage with LOC (country) and regional teams to gain understanding of existing capabilities and initiatives; and include in scoping and developing of digital assets to ensure buy-in and implementation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience including working in a digital marketing leadership role within an organization or agency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, and social sciences.
- Additional industry experience in brand management and sales considered a plus.
- Global and/or emerging market experience a plus.
- Vaccine / Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Track record developing and executing multichannel marketing campaigns to achieve superior results, demonstrating data-driven strategic thinking, experimentation, customer orientation, and operational excellence
- Experience designing multichannel customer engagement strategies grounded in understanding of customer journeys, across diverse customer segments
- Understanding of multichannel marketing tactics and digital channels, including but not limited to email, websites, webinars/webcasts, digital media programs, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile apps, digital sales aids, and telesales
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to assess business results of marketing tactics, define appropriate metrics / KPIs, and maximize value of marketing investment
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Must possess excellent analytic problem and proactive problem solving skills. Analyzes situations to think of new solutions and able to make recommendations.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals.
- Ability to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products.
- Up to 30% travel required
- Able to drive to or fly to various meeting sites, including overnight trips
- International travel will be required.
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.