Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Lead Research Communications in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Lead Research Communications, you will be empowered to develops and manages internal communications and stakeholder engagement strategy and serves as point of accountability for internal and external positioning of Research, and a typical day will include:
- Develops and manages internal communications and stakeholder engagement strategy and programming for Global Research organization
- Senior strategic communication counselor to members of the Research Senior Leadership Team
- Provides key insights and perspectives to influence decisions, drive employee engagement & retention, and enhance internal culture
- Serves as point of accountability for internal and external positioning of Research, delivering on business priorities, enhancing the company s reputation, and fostering employee engagement.
- Shapes the internal culture of the Research organization through effective internal communication to employees, HR and enhances the communication capabilities of senior executives.
- Drives Research communications strategies, development and implementation plans across the Research organization to ensure maximally effective communications
- Partners with Research Head, RSLT members, and other stakeholders to draft and finalize effective executive communications and thought leadership
- Enables streamlined internal and external information transfer, managing communication platforms including SharePoint and Research Portal.
- Facilitates robust onboarding process for new hires and contractors.
- Serves as the Research s communications contact to Investor Relations and other externally facing departments.
- Plans and executes department-wide communications initiatives, including internal events, newsletters, town halls.
- Provides ad-hoc communications support and expertise to all Research activities.
- Strong knowledge of communications platforms and innovative formats to promote colleague engagement.
- Good understanding of drug discovery activities, processes, and stakeholders.
- Proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and possesses good interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently through complex matrices, international sites, and virtual teams
- Excellent general problem solving skills, proven ability to manage multiple projects and to simplify and structure complex tasks.
- Accurate and precise communication skills are necessary with experience of international partnerships with multiple international contributors to individual projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Excellent communicator, able to distil complex issues and persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in a variety of formats
- Proven skills as an effective team player who engenders credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Empowered and accountable for team hiring decisions and for oversight of overall headcount deployment
- Decision making responsibilities:
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the functional area
- Accountable for decision making for designated function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for providing input to and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, taking risks, and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business
- Role models respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Deep expertise required
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The person in this role must be proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and should possess exemplary interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- The individual must recruit, develop, manage and develop a talented workforce in Research Communications.
- The ability to act independently through complex cross-functional matrices and international sites is essential.
- Extensive experience developing, driving and implementing communications strategies, including issues & reputation management, change communications and employee engagement
- Exceptional influencing skills: consistent and proven track record of helping internal partners/stakeholders address strategic opportunities and solve problems; strong facilitation skills.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrable deep understanding of drug discovery & development practices and significant experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical field.
- Advanced degree (MS, MA, MBA, or post graduate studies) in related field preferred but may not be required based on track record or industrial experience in a biotech/pharma
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Will manage globally coordinated work product. Approximately 25% travel may be required. Domestic and international flights with overnight stays are required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.