Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, IBD Insights in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
As a Senior Manager, IBD Insights working on the Gastroenterology Business Unit (GIBU) team, you will be empowered and in this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission daily. A typical day will include:
- Server as a lead consultant with the Gastroenterology Business Unit (GIBU) leadership, leading, creating and delivering integrated insights across multiple sources, project management & knowledge management assignments
- The position is expected to bring biologics consulting expertise with strong leadership in specialty marketing analysis, brand planning, situation analysis, project management and cross-functional alignment skills.
- This role is a critical position demanding experience in consultative influence utilizing varied sources of mixed confidence intervals and methods, engaging stakeholders at all levels.
- This position leverages their technical expertise to project manage and provide operational excellence in the following manners: (1) Engage consultative influence (2) Create cross-source insights, recommendations and alignment for action (3) Develop analysis of business need, knowledge gaps, primary and/or secondary research to fill prioritized gaps, (4) Communicate those integrated insights to relevant stakeholders across Takeda, and (5) Leverage data and specialty expertise in at least one segment (Patient or Medical and Healthcare Professional or Payer) external analysis, with internal market planning, business development, strategic or tactical work streams for long-term impact
- Lead cross-functional teams in predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful execution, driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and action, consulting influence with senior management
- Exhibit the ability to exercise decisiveness in selecting critical strategic elements of executive decisions, collaboration and alignment in methods for study of strategic elements, prioritization of competing strategic/tactical needs, strong budget/scope/program management, strong consultative influence skills.
- Represent the GI Insights team, serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), requiring consultative skills, to meet specific commercial processes and the discipline of Market Research. Advanced understanding of primary market research methods, industry ethics and compliance, and specialty biologics is required, as well as bench strengths in primary research consulting/execution in at least one customer specialization (Patient or Medical and Healthcare Professional, Payer).
- Proactively identify strategic and tactical knowledge and market research consulting needs of GIBU, establishing both long-range and short-term business impact.
- Collaboratively prioritize and build an integrated market research plan for at least one stakeholder (Patient or Medical and Healthcare Professional, Payer).
- Provide oversight and accountability on all processes related to procurement, vendors, compliance, pharmacovigilance and budget management activities in execution of each research program. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of quality, comprehensiveness, and timeliness of all process outputs.
- Supervise compliance of relevant SOP and industry ethics for GIBU operations and mainteinance and tracking learning/training, compliance and safety programs.
- Executes other ad hoc tasks assigned by Associate Director, IBD Insights.
- Guides and manages the creation of operational processes and presents associated plans to GIBU leadership for approval.
- Set and provide clear direction in methods, recommendations and secures stakeholder buy-in..
- Develop and manage expectations, highlighting and resolving issues and ensuring regular communication of processes enhancements.
- Proactively identifies methods to improve efficiency and quality with respect to Project Planning and Management within GIBU, and influence via leadership across global peers.
- Proactively develops and implements new and innovative solutions to meet business needs and resolve business issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project management for primary research in GIBU.
- Align, monitor and report on team-specific project delivery, expenses, and other insights operation metrics.
- Build internal stakeholder relationships from a variety of groups (i.e. marketing, sales, data systems, procurement).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- B.A./B.S. Scientific or commercial education required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible project management experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of commercial experience within pharmaceuticals, 2 years in specialty.
- 5+ years matrix stakeholder management required.
- 2+ years experience in implementing processes, procedures, market research and competitive intelligence in specialty biologics healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes in strategic and tactical decisions, specific to marketing in specialty pharmaceuticals.
- 2+ years expertise and industry leadership in market research of at least one external stakeholder (patient or medical community and healthcare professional, payer).
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with senior management.
- Thorough knowledge of drug commercialization.
- Thorough knowledge and passion for excellence in the commercial side of managing pharmacovigilance processes.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and leadership in specialty pharmaceutical commercial business operations, metrics, measurements, and the use of market research to drive decision-making in commercial strategy and tactics to achieve a leadership position.
- Demonstrated leadership in synthesis of primary and secondary market research, forecasting synthesis, competitive intelligence and data management to advise the development, execution and to monitor specialty pharmaceutical leadership status.
- Able to lead in a matrix-working culture, both across the US Commercial Organizations.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence in a consultative role.
- Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve.
- Proven consultative influence, communication and presentation skills organizational, written and verbal.
- Expertise in primary market research methods as they pertain to low sample size and integration with specialty pharmaceutical data sources and syndicated analysis.
- History of managing multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Proven advanced skills in utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Able to drive to or fly to various meeting sites, including overnight trips, up to 20%. Some international travels will be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.