Director, US New Product Planning Insights
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Director, US New Product Planning (NPP) Insights in our Cambridge, MA office
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Director, US New Product Planning Insights working on the New Product Planning team, you will be empowered to help develop our evolving US Commercial Strategy.
A typical day will include:
- The US New Product Planning team works to provide a US Business Unit (USBU) perspective to global teams regarding therapeutic area (TA) strategy, pipeline asset development and business development (BD) opportunities. The Director, New Product Planning Insights plays a key strategic role on the team and is responsible for deriving insights to drive, challenge, and/or validate strategic business decisions.
- This role will be responsible for developing and executing detailed insights plans and projects across various TAs, including the management of timelines, budgets and vendor selection and management. Projects may include qualitative and quantitative market research, analysis of primary and secondary data sources, analog analyses and competitive intelligence.
- The Director, New Product Planning Insights will need to work cross-functionally within the USBU, including forecasting, commercial, finance, market access, operations and medical affairs. In coordination with their colleagues on the New Product Planning team, the Director, New Product Planning Insights is responsible for presenting and defending data-backed insights to USBU Sr. Leadership and USBU President. Further, the Director, New Product Planning Insights will need to work cross-functionally with global colleagues.
- Functions as a strategic partner to the NPP TA Directors to address key business questions. Recommends courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business decisions including pipeline assets, BD opportunities and TA strategy
- Develops detailed insights plans (in collaboration with global commercial insights as necessary), aligned to key questions and deliverables, to inform strategic business decisions
- Performs both qualitative and quantitative market research with patients, HCPs, payers and other stakeholders including study design, vendor selection, fieldwork logistics planning and management, analysis of findings, creation and presentation of final reports. Determines the best research methodology based on the objectives of the studies.
- Leverages understanding of data to provide strategic and innovative insights to inform decision-making and action plans
- Establishes and manages annual market research and data budget
- Establishes and maintains departmental policies and procedures by working with representatives from other departments (i.e. legal, finance, pharmacovigilance, etc.). Oversees market research regulatory and compliance guidelines and responsible for the development of processes to achieve greater efficiencies.
- Works closely with both US and global forecasting teams to develop and to challenge key forecast assumptions, including price, market access, epidemiology, demand and other market factors
- Develops and maintains expertise in past, current and anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor products, and future pipeline products. Provides regular updates on marketplace performance and evolving trends affecting market potential
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS in business/marketing, social/biological sciences or analytical field
- Minimum (10) + years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Minimum (4) + years in pharmaceutical primary market research experience
- Minimum (2) + years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience
- Deep understanding of US pharmaceutical environment required
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence in a consultative role
- Executive presence. Ability to develop and deliver presentations to executive level.
- Wide breadth of business acumen and understanding of finance and marketing methods, patient/professional promotion, sales execution, payer landscape, budget/forecast planning and strategic planning
- Advanced degree in business/marketing, and social sciences or analytical field
- Experience in consulting in pharmaceutical or health care industry
- Experience in working on early and late pipeline assets in addition to on-market assets
- Experience in working on BD assessments
- Experience in a wide breadth of therapeutic areas, including rare disease, specialty biologics, retail and primary care
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to align projects and resources to strategic priorities
- Complete understanding and application of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Must possess excellent analytic problem and proactive problem-solving skills. Analyzes situations to think of new solutions and able to make recommendations.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously. History of managing multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Extensive knowledge of market research industry principles and practices. Ability to draw insights from data and research findings.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to actively and objectively listen to stakeholders to assure research design addresses business needs.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills.
- Proactive ability to effectively monitor competitive activity, predict probable issues and problem solve (scenario planning)
- Ability to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products
- Thorough knowledge of US Payer landscape
- Thorough knowledge of drug development and commercialization process
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.