The Psychiatry Sales Representative primary objectives are as follows:
- Serve as the quarterback representative to communicate clinical and scientific knowledge about our CNS product(s) to Psychiatrists
- Cultivate and nurture disease state/product advocates(KOL speakers) from within the Psychiatric community to include teaching institutions
- Lead a coordinated effort GMBU representatives to enhance CNS product promotion efforts within assigned territory
- Achieve sales goals
- Communicate to Psychiatrists high level scientific reasoning supporting the understanding and treatment of depression and the benefits tied to our CNS product(s)
- Engage customers in a way that reflects understanding of their environment and provides insight relevant to their market and practice
- Execute sales and product marketing strategies with precision in order to achieve sales goals
- Develop, sustain and grow highly effective working relationships with Psychiatrists, key medical institutions, medical and academic societies
- Cultivate and support KOL CNS speakers to be used locally and nationally
- Conduct educational and promotional speaker programs to assist with the Psychiatrists with greater Depression knowledge
- Forge compliant partnerships with Clinical Science Liaisons to effectively engage psychiatric community
- Serve as a direct liaison to the CNS Marketing team and GMBU Sales leadership by providing market place intelligence/insights that will influence sales and promotional strategy/resources
- Serve as Takeda s field sales liaison to Lundbeck s CNS sales representatives in an effort to foster greater coordination around our shared promotional effort
- Within assigned territory, lead educational and promotional coordination efforts across Takeda s GMBU representatives who promote CNS product(s)
- Comply with the company Compliance Guidelines, Code of Conduct and Promotional Practices.
- Adhere to Takeda s Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Communicate respectfully to internal and external customers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Previous Specialty and/or CNS experience
- Institutional/account selling experience
- Scientific background
Knowledge and Skills:
- Industry Knowledge understands the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process at the regional level
- Product Knowledge complete understanding of the medical/therapeutic usage of the products.
- Sales Techniques . Displays a broad understanding of the strategic objectives of the pharmaceutical sales marketplace; understands various effective sales techniques.
- Advanced clinical and market place knowledge
- Business Acumen understanding business principles and practices relevant to the hospital marketplace, and applying them in order to more effectively drive the business
- Organization - Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of appointments, sales calls, follow-up calls, samples, key account contacts, etc.
- Time Management Ability to set priorities and workflow to accomplish day to day tasks in a timely manner.
- Leadership skills ability to influence the actions of those not without a direct reporting relationship.
- Strategic implementation ability to understand and implement the hospital account strategies
- Problem solving/analytical skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data including sales and market data to make business decisions.
- Resource management ability to manage and allocate internal and external resources
- Relationship building skills ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key thought leaders and build trust with others in order to increase Takeda s competitive advantage
- Team leadership leading a team toward achievement of focused business results; bringing individual contributors together from highly diverse functional areas, and orchestrating their efforts without formal line authority.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas, data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner including strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Teaching institutions and Hospitals concentration on Cardiology, Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, General Practices and Family Practices
- Community based physicians Cardiologists and Endocrinologists
- Coordination with Primary Care representatives on thought leader development, speaker programs, speaking events, and formulary support.
- Valid driver s license required.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites.
- Limited overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations.