Director, New Product Planning, Rare Disease
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Director, New Product Planning, Rare Disease in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As the Director, New Product Planning, Rare Disease working on the Product Planning team, you will be empowered to help develop our evolving US Commercial Strategy, with a focus on areas including but not limited to hematology, holophilia, blood disorders, metabolic, rare immunology, neurodegeneration, auto-immune disorders, etc.
A typical day will include:
- Working with Business Development (BD), R&D, global commercial and US business units (BU), works to define and evolve US commercial strategy and disease areas of interest for Rare Disease (RD) and Immunology Therapeutic Area (TAs) including but not limited to hematology, holophilia, blood disorders, metabolic, rare immunology, neurodegeneration, auto-immune disorders, etc.
- Lead cross-functional US teams to provide input into global product teams for pipeline assets
- Provide an early and objective view of the unmet needs, target profile, market potential, competitive landscape and commercial risks associated with pipeline assets in early development phases Coordinate pre-commercialization activities for these pipeline assets prior to handing them off to commercial teams.
- Lead the assessment and quantification of business development opportunities for the US region and provide recommendations to the executive team, ensuring decisions and plans are informed by the US treatment and market access landscape, competitive environment, unmet needs and customer insights.
- Act as the bridge between global TA strategy and USBU strategy, ensuring appropriate alignment
- Proactively partner with all appropriate stakeholders across Takeda divisions (e.g. R&D, Global Commercial, US BUs, etc) to develop, refine and implement the commercial therapeutic area strategies including but not limited to hematology, holophilia, blood disorders, metabolic, rare immunology, neurodegeneration, auto-immune disorders, etc.
- Work closely with the BD team to identify and assess opportunities, and ensure the US BU Leadership team receives regular updates regarding pipeline assets and BD targets
- Lead commercial assessments of potential license and acquisition targets, acting as the hub collecting input from various cross-functional sources including R&D, managed markets and government affairs, medical affairs, regulatory, legal, and the business units
- Ensure the required payer, provider and patient insights are obtained to inform clinical development programs and business development decisions
- Work with medical affairs and health economics and outcomes research teams to enable the development robust payer and health system value propositions
- Provide commercial strategic leadership for the evaluation of external asset licensing/acquisition deals as part of BD cross-functional due diligence teams
- Work with Market Research and Analytics teams to provide forecasts for both business development and pipeline assets
- Represent US BUs on Global Product Teams (GPTs) and provide U.S. market and product insights, and ensure incorporation of U.S. perspective in key decisions
- Lead and guide discussions on product strategies and identify and agree on sustainable points of differentiation that will optimize overall commercial value of pipeline compounds for assigned TA
- Assist in identifying the necessary clinical trial end points needed to successfully commercialize products.
- Coordinate all regional pre-commercialization activities for Ph1 and Ph2 assets
- Stay abreast of key competitive development initiatives and changes in market directions, adapting marketing strategies accordingly to ensure profitability of emerging product lines.
EDUCATION, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in a related field (e.g., business, chemistry, biology); MBA or PharmD preferred
- 10+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
- At least 5 years in commercial roles (brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, new product planning, managed markets)
- Deep understanding of US pharmaceutical R&D process required; prefer prior experience working in or with development teams
- Therapeutic knowledge prefer prior experience working in rare disease; proven ability to quickly gain in-depth understanding of various disease states
- Strong understanding of US payer market dynamics, managed care organizations and pricing considerations
- Strong understanding of hospital and other institutional settings; prefer experience working on products used in a hospital setting
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with developing and testing assumptions, developing forecasts, determining commercial value, assessing risk and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative research
- Strong financial acumen, including experience working with P&L and NPV
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate clinical/scientific information
- Demonstrated ability to with global functions and across cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead with and without authority
- Willing to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.