The Senior Trainer, Commercial Learning - GI Business Unit supports field sales, account managers, reimbursement team, as well as home office stakeholders in developing learning objectives that provide best in class training to align with key business objectives. Responsible for all business unit communications as well as leading the development and execution of all field sales meetings. Conducts training for new and existing sales representatives and account managers focused on five core competencies: selling skills, marketplace knowledge, clinical knowledge, account management, and application of the business tools to drive sales success. Responsible for developing and delivering training for the Field Reimbursement Team through coordination and collaboration with the subject matter experts.
Leads Initial and On-Going Training Events:
- Collaborates with Training Department, Brand and Sales Leadership to ensure optimal pull-through of all training programs to include: Initial Sales Training, Brand initiatives and Continuing Education.
- Leverages previous experience and current product and marketplace expertise to facilitate training on clinical knowledge, selling skills, specialty market distribution and reimbursement.
- Provides instruction to District Managers and Field Reimbursement Managers on how to execute and facilitate on-demand training initiatives.
- Develops and prepares trainee evaluations and communicates observations directly to trainee and communicates with training and field management team as appropriate.
Develops and/or Refines Training Curriculum to Meet Business Needs:
- Regularly conducts needs analysis, e.g. course evaluations, meetings with field and brand leadership, to understand skill gaps; thereby, allowing trainer to make relevant training recommendations and adjustments.
- Ensures appropriate implementation and pull-through of the Challenger Sales Approach.
- Work directly with Brand Team to provide input into design/development, production, implementation, coordination and evaluation of all product branding/tactical training activities relating to new hire & current sales representatives.
- Develop and lead the development of clinical, medical, regulatory and legal workshops and training exercises/projects for the transfer of in-depth therapeutic disease state/pathophysiology, product knowledge, and competitive knowledge, interfacing with instructional designer on learning objectives and content to help guide workshop and material development.
- Reinforce use of and provide feedback on promotional pieces; create product training modules, primers, clinical updates, tactical memos; includes leadership meeting/launch workshops, group exercises for field-based strategy teams or field-based tactical teams.
- Apply adult learning concepts to lead and participate in development of ongoing training resources (ILT, VILT, Online Self Directed etc.).
- Develop and models presentations for use by field during training events, e.g., teach, tailor, take control, construction tension and objection handling.
Responsible to stay Current with Clinical and Marketplace Knowledge:
- Maintains a high level of market intelligence, including new product training methods and competitive intelligence, training programs and best practices.
- Respond to changes in brand labeling, competitors and marketplace to provide continued reinforcement of product training.
- Participates in marketing meetings, self-study, and field travel to increase and maintain product knowledge along with market place awareness across all product areas.
- Complies with all Takeda Operational Guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree accompanied by five (5) plus years of pharmaceutical/biologics sales experience and sales success
- A minimum year successful training experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Minimum one year account management or like experience (hospital, infusion center, or managed care accounts) in the pharmaceutical marketplace including distribution and reimbursement expertise (buy/bill, specialty pharmacy, site of care).
- Experience in Gastroenterology or Immunology Marketplace preferred.
- Experience leading a project through the medical, regulatory and legal process.
- Experience working with external vendors and training agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects to a successful outcome with ability to master a clinical sale, including selling skills and capabilities.
- Experience utilizing and/or training to the Challenger Sales Approach.
- Valid driver s license required
- This role is remote, based out of the Lexington, MA Office.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 75% travel.