Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Strategy & Partnership Management
in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Strategy & Partnership Management role will be responsible for the coordination, implementation, and prioritization of the portfolio activities for the Rare Diseases TAU. This includes working with the Head, Strategy and Portfolio and both internally and externally to develop and evolve the Rare Diseases TAU strategy and making recommendations to address long-term portfolio objectives.
The position will also coordinate business development activities (working with Search & Translational Science and CEI) that align with the TAU strategy. The incumbent will apply scientific and leadership expertise to support the build-up and delivery to the portfolio via cross-functional interactions internally and externally and provide support to the TAU Leadership, and broader R&D group.
In addition, the role will be responsible for leading or managing external partnerships and operationalizing and maximizing the success, value and efficiency of key R&D partnerships.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Thorough knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical R&D, commercial strategy, and/or corporate planning
- Deep understanding of the drug development process and asset valuation
- Understanding of Rare Diseases Therapeutic Area
- Recognized team player with proven facilitative leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment with ability to influence and align stakeholders
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Strong ability to provide clear, thoughtful recommendations:
- Ability to make clear recommendations to highly complex challenges
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure recommendations and decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact externally and internally to support the portfolio and externalization strategy
- Ability to create and communicate key presentations to internal leadership and external partners with credibility and confidence
- Proven skills in negotiation, influencing without authority and working diplomatically through conflict.Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations for Senior Management and Executive level audiences
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen ability to define, develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and health care environment
- Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve
- Ability to rapidly synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner in multi-cultural environment
- Analytical skills: ability to analyze a wide variety of date, including financial figures to make strategic decisions
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in science
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience in R&D, commercial, business and/or corporate development/consulting
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or Takeda sites, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately up to 20% travel, some of which will be overseas
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.