Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Scientist, Computational Biology in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Scientist, Computational Biology working on the Translational Medicine team, you will be empowered influential across the entire drug discovery spectrum and plan and executes well defined scientific projects, and a typical day will include:
We are looking for a Computational Biologist with a high level of focus and execution and one who equally possess the drive to be invested in the biology and leverage new analytical approaches to provide scientific insights and inform translational strategies.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dedicated team of scientists to form data driven decisions, propose actionable and testable solutions to identify and progress novel, patient focused cancer therapeutics.
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to our mission to provide innovative cancer therapies to patients across our pipeline of novel therapeutics including small and large molecules, immune-oncology and cell therapies.
- The candidate will be influential across the entire drug discovery spectrum from target identification and validation through mechanism-of-action, translational hypotheses and biomarkers to inform clinical practice.
- Apply computational methods to integrate, visualize and interpret data resulting from proteomic, genomic, single cell sequencing and an emerging class of immune biomarkers resulting from pre-clinical studies and patient data.
- Establish a collaborative and influential role within Drug Discovery project teams working through the spectrum of experimental study design, genomic assay selection, data integration and data transformation.
- Perform integrative analytics to deduce, summarize and communicate results contributing to the understanding of drug indication, mechanism of action, identification of response predictors and translational biomarkers.
- Work collaboratively with data scientists and data engineering groups to participate in enhancing our computational infrastructure, user interface, query and visualization capabilities.Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theory and technical literature
- Identifies, plans and executes well defined scientific projects
- Uses defined practices and theoretical knowledge to perform analysis, interpret results and determine appropriate action
- Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources, contributing to complex team problem resolution and objectives
- Interprets results of complex experiments
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to full range of internal/external audiences
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of discipline
- Keeps current with emerging trends in discipline
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.