Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist II, Medicinal Chemistry in our San Diego.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist II working on the GI Chemistry team, you will be empowered to develop novel and efficient strategies and address issues of target potency, selectivity and in vivo efficacy. A typical day will include:
Contributes to the design and synthesis of small-molecules for drug discovery projects in order to advance those programs into preclinical development
- Develops novel and efficient synthesis strategies and coordinates research strategies and activities with team members
- Designs synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization to address issues of target potency, selectivity, animal pharmacokinetics, and in vivo efficacy
- Utilizes contemporary structure-based methods, structure-activity relationships, and medicinal chemistry principles in the proposal and execution of innovative chemistry strategies
- Conducts the synthesis of complex target molecules
- Designs viable synthetic routes and performs literature searches in support of research
- Creates relevant intellectual property for the company and contributes to patent authorship
- May mentor Research Associates and/or Intern
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates broad understanding of modern synthetic chemistry.
- May act as a scientific resource in designing synthetic routes to key target compounds
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Capable of setting chemistry strategies, priorities and managing activities to deliver on objectives and milestones.
- May mentor Research Associates and/or Intern. May lead a small team working together to drive lead optimization. May manage CRO chemistry resources.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions in synthetic/medicinal chemistry as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Positive can-do attitude with excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work with cross-functional scientists.
- Ability to clearly and concisely conveys ideas and opinions
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience , or
- MS with 8+ years experience, or
- BS with 10+ years experience
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA