Senior Manager, Outcomes Research (OR) and data Science
The Senior Manager, Outcomes Research (OR) is a research and customer-facing position, functioning within Takeda s U.S. Medical Affairs, Outcomes Research (OR) Team, and contributing to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative peri-approval and marketed products in the U.S. The Senior Manager OR and Data Science will contribute to the internal exploratory analytics function, as well as product and program-specific OR strategy, plans, budgets, contracts and studies. The Senior Manager will provide quality and outcomes research leadership for assigned therapeutic area(s), and will specifically:
- Contribute to the development and execution of U.S. Medical strategies to elucidate unmet clinical, economic, and patient-centered needs and product value.
- Executing studies in the the exploratory data analysis environment that will be utilized to direct product scientific and value strategies and inform outcomes research studies, pipeline products, and business development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of value propositions that differentiate assigned products for payers, policymakers, healthcare providers, consumers, and other stakeholders.
- Lead multiple work streams relating to OR business areas (e.g., health economic modeling, value communications, observational research, payer partnerships) to a high standard.
- Assist with the evaluation of value-based performance metrics leading to value-based contracting options across our portfolio. Responsible for interfacing with customers on the data
Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to support the development and creation of medical and research strategies for assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Design and execute approaches to leverage available internal real world data (RWD) to inform the development of value evidence for products.
- Help develop strategic partnerships on RWD assets, analytics, and technology.
- Management, including design, implementation and communication of results of OR research studies that help achieve product-specific objectives.
- Represent the OR research function on corporate non-technical, cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization.
- Collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder colleagues and external key opinion leaders to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned.
- Conduct relevant research activities which may include, but not limited to:
- Longitudinal prospective observational, pragmatic clinical trials, and/or patient registries evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic, and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers;
- Assessments exploring burden of illness and/or comparative effectiveness;
- Models of cost-effectiveness and budget impact.
- Review outcomes research protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), and reports.
- Review and publish scientific reports reflecting ongoing or completed work.
- Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences, which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners, payers, health systems, patients, and others.
- Upon request, coordinates and delivers scientific, pharmacoeconomic and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchanges to regionally and nationally based managed care organizations, pharmacy benefits management companies, government payers, health care systems, and other organizations or professionals that are involved with health care policy, disease management/quality improvement, comparative effectiveness, and medication formulary decisions.
Promote effective communication of study findings as appropriate, in conference presentations, publications, dossiers and other means
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in scientific methods is required. This may be consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D., or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, psychology, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus at least 1year practical experience, or
- Clinical doctoral degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing), and
- Practical experience (preferred number of years as noted above) in performing applied healthcare research, in any setting, including life sciences company, research organization, academic institution, or governmental agency, is required.
- Expert knowledge and experience in management of applied healthcare research in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is expected.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical approaches and ability to work within structured or unstructured data using statistical and data management software (e.g., SAS, Stata, R, etc.).
- Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (e.g., administrative claims data, electronic medical records, etc.).
- Knowledge of clinical research and study design along the continuum of drug development is highly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system is expected.
- Demonstrated expertise in applied healthcare research is required.
- Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused OR tool development is expected.
- Knowledge of health care reimbursement systems and health economics is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting statistical analysis is highly desired.
- Strong leadership capability with proven skills in team building, and motivating and developing people, is expected.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and lead effectively in a matrixed team environment is expected.
- Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in managing multiple tasks and complex projects is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written and verbal presentation skills, is required.
* Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
* Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
* Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips and some weekend commitments. Some international travel may be required.
* This position may be either office or remote with a preference for it to be Lexington, MA based. If remote, travel to Greater Boston Area - (Lexington MA) may be required, in addition to other travel commitments
* Requires approximately 25-40 % travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.