- The primary objective of this position is to facilitate the planning and program management of critical commercial activities, acting as a key business partner to the Franchise Head/Brand Lead. Major responsibilities include the planning and facilitation of monthly cross-functional business review meetings between Business Unit Brand Leads, Finance, Forecasting, Sales, Analytics, Contracts & Pricing, Medical and Managed Markets. This role also orchestrates the analyses and cross functional discussion and alignment which yields business inputs for each financial planning cycle (Mid-Year Commitment, Long Range Forecast, Mid-Range Plan and LBEs). This position will also plan, direct and coordinate ad-hoc commercial planning and performance activities as appropriate business needs are identified for the respective brand/franchise
- Chairs the monthly brand business review meeting for their particular brand/franchise.
- Leads and collaborates with brand, finance, forecasting, sales, C&P, analytics, medical and managed markets for inputs into both commercial planning to support the financial planning cycle, and cross-functional business review meetings.
- Serves as point of contact for all cross functional leads, for performance related activities that need cross functional support. Works with cross-functional team to develop appropriate reporting and KPI needs for brand that feed into the monthly business reviews
- Stays abreast of all activities across the business associated with the brand and ensures there is cross functional alignment and awareness.
- Develops and executes upon a work plan in a manner consistent with good project management practices for handling issues, risks and stakeholder communication
- Identifies appropriate topics to be elevated to executive management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Combined 8-10 years of pharmaceutical or related experience in Marketing, Sales, Finance, New Product Planning, Marketing Analytics and Research, Medical Affairs, Sales, IT.
- Extensive experience in an analytical role.
- Relevant experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Prior leadership and managerial roles in pharmaceutical industry.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Ability to evaluate an overall marketing strategy and communicate the implementation of the strategy.
- Project Management
- Ability to set priorities; develop workflow processes, and direct a team of colleagues with no official reporting relationship.
- Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to think through the logical consequences of proposed plans and ensure that all alternatives and contingencies have been considered.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence disparate stakeholders toward a common plan or goal. This includes multiple levels (project manager to President) of employees both across companies and across cultures.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in senior marketing, sales or operations positions at a commercial organization.
- Industry knowledge comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry including the planning process/business cycles.
- Demonstrate understanding of various marketing methods and concepts (e.g. marketing research, advertising, public relations and product positioning, strategy development).
- Demonstrated understanding of analytics, business modeling and basic valuation concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR).
- Work environment:
- Due to travel, the work environment includes exposure to both inside and outside working conditions. Temperature and length of exposure varies depending upon meeting location and transportation.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings Infrequent overnight travel.
- Requires approximately 15 % travel.