Title: Associate Director, Macro Payer and Policy Analytics & Planning
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Associate Director, Macro Payer and Policy Analytics & Planning.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- This position is responsible for analyzing the financial, volume, and pricing impact of macro payer changes and government policies on Takeda s US business. Act as a strategic partner with Public Affairs, Managed Markets, Finance, and Commercial Operations to explain environmental opportunities, risks, and resulting scenarios.
- Monitor competitive activity in the managed care channel and report on trends through analytics and data
- Research industry trends and utilize information on pharmaceutical industry, competitive information, market conditions, and other internal resources (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Forecasting) to positively impact contracting activities.
- Stay up-to-date on policies with Public Affairs and seeks out external knowledge to build best analytics and point-of-view on potential US policy scenarios and changes
- Evaluate the changing marketplace and proactively makes recommendations on pricing strategies impacting rebate and discount obligations at macro level
- Responsible for analysis and modeling of policy decisions; provides strategic support on recommendations
- Comfortable leading without authority in ambiguity; works cross-functionally to get the data and resources from different groups
- Deliver high impact presentations, seeks participation and gains commitment as necessary.
- Serve as subject-matter-expert at meetings with Executive Leadership by providing analytical guidance and deep expertise of internal and external landscape
- Stay abreast of industry best-in-class payer analytics
- Responsible for coordinating large payer contracts which span across business units to ensure alignment
- Lead cross-functional team in impact assessment and gather necessary information
- Ability to think in the big-picture but also appreciate the details of policy changes to do accurate modeling and projections
- Foster ability to keep business up-to-date on changing environmental landscape and downstream business implications
- Deep appreciation of the healthcare ecosystem and how to leverage data to derive data-driven decisions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree
- At least 8 years of relevant business experience, including increasing areas of progressive responsibility during career
- 5+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: Analytics, Pricing/Contracting, Managed Markets, Forecasting, or financial planning in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience reviewing US government policies and building models to assess impact
- Master s Degree in business administration or other related field is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare or other related industry may be acceptable.
- Experience with reviewing government polices
- Experience working within or in support of a Managed Markets organization in pharmaceuticals, including direct experience working with key customer groups (e.g. PBMs, Payers)
- Experience working with buy & bill infusion products, specialty pharmaceuticals, distribution networks is highly preferred
- Previous experience working within a health plan or PBM, in a capacity that involved contracting with pharmaceutical companies or similar
Competencies & Skills
- Financial analysis and modeling including ability to conduct in-depth ROI analysis, develop business cases, and assess financial trade-offs
- Understanding of PBM and payer operations and financials, the pharmaceutical value chain and financials, classes of trade, government pricing and chargebacks, ASP pricing, etc.
- Working understanding of available data sources and analytics used in the assessment of Managed Markets business performance
- Ability to work in a collaborative, matrix environment with successful outcomes
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.