- The Regional Director Managed Markets is responsible for the development of Takeda s strategy for key regional managed markets including commercial, state and federal accounts. They supervise a team of Regional Account Managers (RAM s) and are responsible for their team s development and execution of account business plans in conjunction with corporate objectives. In addition, they work closely with Managed Markets Marketing, NAM s, and Takeda s internal departments to implement profitable contracts, business opportunities, and successful pull-through initiatives for all Takeda products.
- Develop and execute a strategy for the Regional Accounts team to align with Sales and partner to develop the Regional Business ownership mindset between the RSDs and RAM Team.
- Regional strategy that is consistent with Takeda s overall managed markets strategy
- Improved sales pull-through across the region
- Well managed team, focused on accounts with greatest upside for Takeda, and that continuously improves capabilities
- Regional budget within agreed levels
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA degree, Master s degree desirable
- 10+ years successful pharmaceutical sales experience
- 3+ years People Management experience
- 7+ years National Contract Sales or Account, Regional Account experience required
- Plus additional relevant experience in any of the following areas, including but not limited to:
- Sales training
- Marketing/Product Management
- Key accounts
- Sales analysis/market research
- Business Implementation
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- People leadership and development:
Ability to set a vision for account management in the region and lead a team of 6-10 RAMs
- Detailed knowledge of payor/PBM economics:
Understanding key issues and how these shifts given changing US healthcare landscape
chain, managed care, sales and legal)
- Strategic thinking:
Understand account priorities and impact on decision-makers
Ensure that effort is directed towards account with greatest potential (e.g., gold accounts)
- Consultative selling:
- Ability to identify emerging stakeholder needs and to problem-solve innovative ways (programs, contracts etc.) for Takeda to help meet those needs
- Leadership of multiple internal stakeholders:
Strong communication skills to bring Takeda expertise into conversations and to ensure pull through
- Clear understanding of analytics:
How it can drive insight of account performance and an ability to ask the right questions of analytical resources
- Business planning:
Develop a robust regional strategy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites/HQ.
Overnight travel (50%), including some weekend commitments.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.