Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Laboratory Technician in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Laboratory Technician working on the Technical Operations team, you will be empowered to support general lab operations and assist in lab organization, and a typical day will include:
- Perform supportive activities for general laboratory operations, laboratory equipment preventative maintenance, sample pull, receipt and delivery.
- Support the Technical Operations group by performing routine laboratory tasks to facilitate the experiments performed by the associates and scientists.
- Assist in the general organization of the laboratory and perform some basic administrative tasks such as photocopying/scanning and organizing documents and files.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Enter project samples into a laboratory software to track sample receipt and testing.
- Preparation of assemblies for cell culture
- Washing and autoclaving dishes
- Prepare buffers and media and other solutions as appropriate
- Print and review log books for completeness
- Make labels and prepare tubes for sample splitting
- Place samples and archives in proper locations
- Manage lab inventory by ordering chemicals and supplies
- Oversee chemical labelling program
- Manage lab coat wash and return
- Help with organizing filing cabinet and assist in photocopying and scanning
- Complete all tasks in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Comply with company Standard Operating Procedures
- May perform equipment maintenance
- May perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Associates degree preferred in any Life Sciences with relevant laboratory coursework.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
- Must be able to demonstrate functional understanding of a laboratory setting and SOP s.
- Must have basic computer skills. General use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc. for the purposes of work execution, training, performance management, and self-service.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary or standing position for extended periods of time.
- Carry weight, lifting - frequently moves laboratory materials and portable instruments weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Climb - Occasionally ascends/descends step ladders to reach materials and/or to collect samples.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) daily. This may include: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, gloves and hearing protection.
- May be required to participate for off-shift coverage or occasionally work off-shift hours to help support experimental schedule.
- No travel required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN