Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Reserach Associate Antibody Discovery in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a SRA Antibody Discovery working on the Biotherapeutic Engineering team, you will be empowered to discover and engineer therapeutic biologics. A typical day will include:
The senior research associate will join a fast-paced Biotherapeutic Engineering team within Global Biologics Research. The candidate will perform complex research assignments and will be responsible for the discovery and engineering of therapeutic biologics including antibodies, fusions and other platforms. The candidate will communicate results within the Biotherapeutic Engineering team and with cross functional project team members.
- Independently conducts discovery and lead optimization projects using display platform technologies with high quality and efficiency and obtain optimum solutions
- Independently handle large data sets and analyze the data. Identify hits based on affinity, specificity and potency.
- Isolate DNA/RNA, analyzing sequencing data.
- Apply knowledge of antibody function and characterization, conduct repertoire analysis, and V region classification
- Express hits in yeast or mammalian system, purify antibodies
- Characterize purity, affinities and specificity of purified hits
- Thoroughly document experiments and communicate results within the team and cross functional project teams
- Expected to organize time and plan specifics of project related work with oversight from manager or project representative
- Troubleshoots instrumentation, or software issues and recommends solutions to meet objectives.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science field (or equivalent) with 4+ years experience, or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science field with 1+ years experience
- Experiences in antibody discovery and engineering
- Experience with high-throughput antibody binding screens (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Experience in bacteria, yeast and mammalian culture.
- Molecular biology skills including PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, cloning.
- Experience with library construction is desired
- Experience with FACS sorting is highly desired
- Experience with antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, expression and purification is highly desired
- Experience with yeast or other display library screening is preferable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Pay attention to details. Able to follow SOP.
- Self-motivated. Work well both independently and collaboratively.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA