Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Our US Offices are in Cambridge, MA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Our R&D Alliance Management function is seeking an Associate Director/Director who will be responsible for operationalizing and maximizing the success, value and efficiency of key R&D partnerships.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve partnership strategic intent.
- Participate during the contract negotiation phase to ensure the contract is aligned with the strategic intent, a common understanding of deliverables, timelines, and go/no go criteria post deal closure; recommend fit for purpose governance and capture all potential relationship risks.
- Operationalize the governance of new partnerships including conflict resolution mechanisms, and expectations on communication practices.
- Lead new partnership launches and manage the ongoing governance of existing alliances. Committee members will include executives from various functions within Takeda and from the alliance partner. Ensure that all joint committees have shared goals, expectations, operating principles, and performance metrics.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification. Pro-actively anticipate risks and needs and identify optimal solutions.
- Lead impasse resolution between companies when necessary. Understand when escalation to TAU leadership is necessary.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its partner to ensure objectives are met. Lead process for revising contractual agreements as necessary.
- Actively participate in creating the community of partnership excellence including defining and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Contribute to Portfolio view of partnerships and ensure all key data elements under direct responsibility of alliance management are current.
- Participate in activities that embed partnering best-practices across the company.
- BS/BA required; advanced degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management, corporate training, or another relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years of applicable drug development experience, global experience preferred
- Minimum 4 years of line management or cross-functional leadership experience
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Proven experience in Alliance/Partnership excellence: experience of building, maintaining, and closing partnerships including tools/methods
- Strong knowledge of drug development process
- Relevant knowledge and experience in R&D to enable meaningful dialogue within Takeda and with partners
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills within matrix organizations with success in influencing across organizations.
- Critical strategic thinker and highly analytical
- Ability to initiate, develop, and implement new strategies and processes
- Comfortable working with senior management, internally and externally. Able to constructively voice opinions on sensitive issues to senior management.
- Ability to assess issues/risks and effectively implement remediation measures
- Experience working in a complex organization and demonstrated ability to influence, and work across functions and regions, at all levels without direct authority
- Excellent collaboration skills and mindset
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal presentations skills
- Ability to effectively represent Takeda and partner s interests to maximize partnership value
- Ability to understand contractual agreement structure, terms and obligations and be able to translate the terms in a way that is understood by alliance team members
- This position requires 20% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings / clients
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.