- Responsible for the design, execution, and analysis of critical reagents and materials contributing to vaccine discovery and development projects
- Identify or establish new methods for generation, purification, characterization and QC of critical reagents for vaccine immunological assays including but not limited to; monoclonal antibodies, live and attenuated viruses, recombinant proteins and cultured cells.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary vaccine development teams, coordinate activities with other team members, and manage activities of research associates.
- Summarize results and conclusions in study reports and present data at internal meetings and scientific conferences
- Design, plan and execute experiments to generate critical reagents for vaccine immunoassays.
- Develop and implement novel methods to generate, purifiy and characterize critical reagents.
- Analyze and interpret study results and make recommendations to project teams .
- Supervise and guide research associates in the execution of vaccine discovery projects and evaluate their performance.
- Participate on multifunctional project teams including liason with internal partners, timeline management and project status reporting.
- Liaison with external collaborators/consultants to advance projects effectively.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and power point presentations for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and management, and for inclusion in project reports.
- Present at internal and external scientific meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ph.D with a minimum of 4 years of experience.. Working knowledge of immunology, molecular biology, protein biochemistry, or related discipline and technical approaches. Expertise in current instrumentation and analysis techniques and maintenance and familiarity with scientific literature within the relevant scientific discipline. Sound understanding of experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design. Possess organizational, prioritization and general project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. Ability to function cooperatively and effectively in a team environment. Possess good oral and written communication skills. Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data analysis and presentation skills. Comply with safety practices and standard operating procedures. Exhibit the Global Takeda Core Competencies
- Acquire and maintain appropriate training and certification to remain in compliance with all shipping regulations for infectious agents.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical office and laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to various internal, collaborator and scientific meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.