Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us in the R&D Partnership Office, as Director of the Center of Excellence for Relationship Management. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
With over 50% of our pipeline Partnered, Takeda is truly an externally facing R&D organization. Seeking out and supporting Innovation is at the heart of what we do, and the Center of Excellence for Relationship Management drives the strategy, approach and the standards of how we collaborate with our Partners across R&D.
- Strategic and operational support to drive, establish, and implement R&D Relationship Management Center of Excellence for all of the R&D partnerships globally in Takeda;
- The overarching remit of the Center of Excellence for Relationship Management is to build a world class Partnering Capability across R&D in support of our externally focused R&D Organization.
- The candidate will contribute to this remit by working closely with Head Center of Excellence Relationship Management and stakeholders across our Therapeutic Area Units (TAU) and Drug Discovery Units (DDU), with our Relationship Managers and other key Functions to build a Playbook designed to frame and guide how our Partnerships should be managed, to design a Partnering learning journey for the R&D organization and to host a community of Relationship Management best practice. These steps will build the foundation of our Partner-centric culture; infuse Partnering competencies into our daily process and mind set, with the intention of strengthening our reputation as Takeda as a Partner of Choice.
- The CoE Director of Relationship Management will also be responsible for providing direct hands-on management for select Partnerships and will be the point of contact within Takeda for externalized Assets.
- CoE Director of Relationship Management will provide specific expertise to teams for critical aspects of the Partnerships as needed, including during negotiations, launching new partnerships, transforming existing Partnerships, and assisting in situations requiring conflict/impasse resolution between companies
- Support the development of the Playbook for Partnership Management for all Partnership types (including clinical development assets, research, academic alliances and drug discovery platforms). The playbook will outline processes, tools and guidelines for Partnership Management across the lifecycle of Partnerships (negotiation, launch, manage, transform). The creation of the playbook requires the candidate to have strong influencing skills, and an understanding of drug development process across the value chain of a product. The candidate will need to develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence to ensure that the Treatment of our Partnerships is designed to maximize the value, efficiency and success of our external collaborations.
- Almost everyone in R&D touches a Partnership, therefore it is critical that everyone understand their role and accountability in Partnership Management. The Director will support, train and coach R&D cross functional global teams, including Executive Management Governance Committees, on the intent, supporting rationale and guidelines contained within the Playbook to ensure understanding and alignment and appropriate application in order to embed partnering best practices across the company.
- Assist in creation and management of the Takeda Community of Relationship Management to create a continuous learning environment; this may include case studies, lessons learned, sharing of best practices, guest speakers, ASAP events and Partner Day. This Community of Practice for Relationship Management will encompass all Takeda geographies and scientific /therapeutic areas and will extend beyond R&D to ensure that critical internal interfaces across Takeda enterprises (eg, handover of a Partnered asset from Takeda R&D and Takeda Commercial) are seamless for our partners.
- Help manage the diagnostics of Partnership Health (at the individual alliance level and also at the R&D enterprise level). Identify, assess and implement opportunities for Takeda to Partner more effectively and be a Partner of Choice. Assist in building metrics designed to effectively communicate the data and implement corrective actions/process improvements.
- All of the above accountabilities should be viewed as components of a change management plan, and the candidate will build a productive relationship with stakeholders across the Organization to effectively and continuously communicate, drive and shape and support the vision of Takeda as Partner of Choice.
- In addition to the enterprise level responsibilities, the CoE Director Relationship Management will also play a hand-on role at the individual alliance level. This may include being assigned as the Relationship Manager for select Partnerships or as the Takeda point of contact for externalized assets.
- The Director will also be expected to step into sensitive aspects of a Partnership such as (i) Negotiations with the partner (perform a cultural due diligence and ensure there is a common understanding of the development plan, ensure internal resources are aligned, advise on governance structure and Partner Tier and understand the needs and capabilities of the Partner); (ii) Launch of a new Partnership (align the joint team around the Vision, key aspects of the collaboration, and working norms), (iii) transformation of an existing partnership (triggers could lead to re-launch or termination) and (iv) conflict resolution between companies.
- This hands-on role will ensure that the CoE remains connected and relevant to the operational, organizational and strategic challenges faced by our Relationship Managers and Partners and this experience can be fed back into our Playbook if appropriate to propagate the continuous improvement we strive for at Takeda
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA required; advanced degree preferred (MBA, Pharm D, Ph.D)
- Minimum 10 years of applicable drug development experience, global experience preferred
- Direct alliance management experience within academia, pharmaceutical or biotech industry; experience in launching and managing partnerships preferred
- Relevant knowledge of drug development process to enable meaningful dialogue within Takeda and with partners
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail
- Leadership: Experience in navigating a matrix organization with solid successful experience in influencing across multiple areas without direct authority
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies and processes
- Ability to assess issues/risks and effectively implement remediation measures
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentations skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.