Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Director / Director, Takeda Site Communications (Massachusetts) and Community Engagement in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Senior Director / Director, you will be empowered to play a pivotal role in the development and execution of Takeda s communications strategy for its Massachusetts sites with a focus on employee engagement and community engagement.
TAKEDA IN MASSACHUSETTS:
The Massachusetts campuses include employees from several global functions including: Research & Development, Neuroscience, Gastroenterology, Oncology and Rare Diseases Therapeutic Area Units (TAUs), U.S Business Unit, Oncology Business Unit, Vaccine Business Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences, HR, IT, and other supporting functions. We have a campus in the Central Square area and additional buildings in the Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA area and a campus in Lexington, MA, just 20 miles outside of Cambridge. For the purpose of this job post, the scope encompasses Takeda s presence across all sites in Massachusetts.
The Senior Director / Director develops and manages internal communications and community engagement strategy and programming for Takeda s Massachusetts campuses. He/she helps drive employee engagement by creating an understanding of Takeda s business objectives and manages all aspects of local community engagement activities, sponsorships and special events.
- Define, create and promote a cohesive site culture.
- Develop internal communication plan for Massachusetts sites, in alignment with Takeda s strategy of putting patients at the center.
- Review existing communications channels for Massachusetts sites and devise creative/interactive ways to motivate and inspire employees.
- Oversee all internal site communications and news flow. Create content for site newsletter, SharePoint site, etc.). Leverage internal social media tools (Yammer) to promote projects and encourage feedback.
- Collaborate with executives and their communications leads to develop and distribute holiday messages or other site-specific communications.
- Collaborate with Global Corporate Communications and Public Affairs (CCPA) and T-BOS visual communications to develop content and rolling calendar for digital display screens in Massachusetts buildings.
- Working closely with site business leaders, support site-specific issues management or crisis response as needed.
Employee Engagement and Events Management:
- Oversee management of central calendar and cadence for all Takeda- Massachusetts events open to all employees. Oversee promotion of all events, meeting invitations, etc.
- Create and lead Site Advisory Council (SAC) for Massachusetts sites; recruit members to prioritize site activities and communicate decisions to site leadership for sign-off and then the broader Massachusetts employee community.
- Work with teams to ensure auditorium availability and technology set up for Town Hall Meetings.
- Support Massachusetts employee engagement activities including Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), HR, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), Facilities, IT, Compliance, and Legal.
- In partnership with HR/ Employee engagement team, identify a core set of holiday or culture activities and organize and promote events.
- Support relevant Corporate Affairs events and activities.
- Coordinate with global teams and functions to promote global awareness days/ other global initiatives within Takeda- Massachusetts sites.
- Support external Takeda partners, visitors and guest speakers.
Community Engagement and Sponsorships:
- In partnership with site leadership, lead development of strategic long-term plan for community engagement and sponsorships.
- Coordinate incoming media requests, draft and finalize media statements and act as company spokesperson, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with public affairs team to host local government officials and respond to public affairs inquiries.
- Set criteria and identify best practices for Takeda corporate giving, sponsorship and donations for local Takeda (Massachusetts); share criteria with business units and functions.
- Oversee and be accountable for all processes and procedures related, but not limited to: corporate giving committee, donations, global disaster relief and creation of volunteer giving opportunities for employees.
- Manage existing non-profit partner relationships (including Boston Symphony Orchestra, MassBioEd, Cambridge Science Festival) with Takeda on behalf of Massachusetts campus. Identify new partnerships that align with Takeda s business.
- Responsible for delivering annual community outreach event for Massachusetts-based employees which includes leading a cross-functional committee to plan annual event.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
To Be Considered for the Senior Director Level:
- Bachelors required; advanced degree in communications preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of communications experience in a PR agency or corporate setting.
- Minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology, or health care industry experience required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience developing external communication strategies for a global complex organization required
To Be Considered for the Director Level:
- Bachelors required; advanced degree in communications preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of communications experience in a PR agency or corporate setting.
- Minimum of 6 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology, or health care industry experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing external communication strategies for a global complex organization required.
Required at all Levels:
- Excellent writing skills - able to distill complex, technical and lengthy topics into simple, short and compelling communications
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in teams and partner and collaborate across functions
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions through knowledge of communication tools and techniques and various channels
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and quality control
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, demonstrated people/team management skills
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starting)
- Ability to think creatively
- Continuous improvement mindset; passionate about learning and seeking out opportunities to advance and enhance
- Maintain a big-picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience
- Advocate for employees to ensure messaging is accessible and relevant, and factors in their perspective
- Establish and maintain a dynamic network of subject matter experts and partners to enable quick and effective problem-solving
- Manage schedule of enterprise communications for prioritization and in support of a positive employee experience
- Perform research before and after sensitive/significant messages; test assumptions about clarity and effectiveness, and take steps to improve
- Generate and implement ideas that support a cohesive and empowered culture
- Collaborate with Public Affairs team on opportunities to generate positive visibility in the community and on matters impacting reputational risk
- Exhibit sound independent judgment, a bias for action, and a disciplined approach to the communications craft
- Poise and a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to engage effectively in leadership meetings and direct productive discussions on communication objectives and activities
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with business leaders and get up to speed on organizational structure, culture, programs, policies, etc.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or local sites, including overnight trips
- Requires approximately 10 % travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.