- Takes the lead for conducting timely, value-added, scientific and commercial aspects of competitor analysis in support of oncology global brand, product pipeline (from IND through P3), and/or business development opportunities using primary and secondary information sources (including attending scientific/medical conferences), information analysis, competitor profiling and by facilitating access to pertinent, high quality information.
- Proactively communicates actionable recommendations and implications and integrates competitive insights into decision making with GOBU functions and/or Oncology Therapeutic Area Unit (OTAU). These include but are not limited to global Brand team, Global product team (GPT), and Clinical subteam (CST)
- Coordinates with US and ex-US based market insights and forecasting colleagues to provide aligned competitor insight for their activities.
- Work with brand lead to plan, coordinate and help execute key competitor workshops (War games, gap analysis, scenario planning) to prepare teams for future potential competitor threat.
- Effectively manages CI (Competitive Intelligence) vendors to best utilize resources, including arrangement of periodic training for S&CA stakeholders and leverage CI resources globally for stakeholders
- Perform relevant scientific and information analysis, particularly in relation to searching competitor information and scientific literature
- Lead the coordination, planning and execution of competitive coverage at assigned medical and scientific conferences. Provide updates to key stakeholders before, during and after the conference.
- Provide stakeholders with competitive insight with a focus on opportunities and threats that could impact Takeda s portfolio.
- Create focused competitive intelligence oral and written reports as well as news updates for specific customer groups as appropriate
- Proactively establish working relationships with project and development teams to understand and anticipate their competitive intelligence and scientific information needs
- Perform thorough in-depth searches and analysis relevant to areas of key strategic interest to Takeda Oncology
- Communicate consistent global CI assumptions across functions as well as regions in a timely manner
- Coordinate with US and ex-US based market insights and forecasting colleagues to provide aligned competitor insight for their activities
- Work with brand lead to plan, coordinate and help execute key competitor workshops (War games, gap analysis, scenario planning) to prepare teams for future potential competitor threat
- Conduct training to various stakeholders including pre-congress training and competitor deep dive to provide insight and help stakeholders understand competitor landscape for medical and commercial activities
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning information sources, retrieval and strategy for key customers
- Contribute to the development and/or assessment of new products and services to be offered by Scientific & Competitive Analysis
- Obtain and respond to feedback concerning the products and services of Scientific & Competitive Analysis
- Involvement in team-based projects and work closely with other S&CA colleagues during times of high demand.
- Effectively manage CI vendors to best utilize resources, including arrangement of periodic training for S&CA stakeholders.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, with an MS/MBA and 5+ years of experience in the oncology or the pharmaceutical industry, or Bachelor's degree in life sciences with a PhD and 3+ years of experience in oncology or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Sound knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies and of information resources pertinent to the industry.
- Advanced degree in biochemistry or biology with work experience outside the laboratory highly preferred.
- Significant fluency in the use of PowerPoint, Excel and Word required.
- Strong verbal presentation, analytical, and critical thinking skills are essential
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please