Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Data Science Solutions Manager in our Cambridge, MA office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Data Science Solutions Manager, you will be empowered to provide leadership and expertise and a typical day will include:
- Provides thought leadership & technical expertise for implementing solutions using Takeda R&D s Data Science platforms in the Amazon Web Services environments in the areas of data ingestion, transformation, cataloging, prep, exploration and modeling.
- Architect Advanced Analytics and Data Science solutions for structured, semi- and unstructured data leveraging a cloud based infrastructure with Meachine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities.
- Investigate and follow industry best practices for Data Science solutions.
- Manage the implementation of innovative solutions to support Data Science focused objectives across R&D .
- Interface with the R&D business to understand needs and help envision Data Science driven solutions
- Strategically align with and supports key business objectives.
- Drives rapid prototyping and designs for R&D Informatics and Data Science environments.
- Leverage Big Data analytics, AI and ML platforms for the solutions.
- Adopt advanced/leading-edge technologies and/or concepts.
- Monitor and ensure quality of deliveries from a technical perspective including technology due diligence, code reviews and design reviews
- Maintains current knowledge of Big Data & Data Science developments, opportunities, and challenges.
- Manages projects and customer relationships of critical importance.
- Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Applied Math or equivalent
- 8 years of relevant work experience, 5 years for Masters and 3 years for PhDs. 3+ years of experience designing and developing cloud based solutions (preferably on AWS).
- Proficiency in using R or Python with a experience of machine learning and AI packages;
- Proficiency in implementing production systems for processing Big data , with Spark preferred.
- Solid understanding of data profiling, ELT and ETL, NoSQL technologies, data blending and wrangling, .
- Demonstrated track record of success required, including effectively managing multiple projects and interfacing with a variety of stakeholders from diverse business functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, corporate partners, additional Takeda sites.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.