- Takes the lead for conducting timely, value-added, scientific and commercial aspects of competitor analysis in support of oncology global brand, product pipeline (from IND through P3), and/or business development opportunities using primary and secondary information sources (including attending scientific/medical conferences), information analysis, competitor profiling and by facilitating access to pertinent, high quality information.
- Proactively communicates actionable recommendations and implications and integrates competitive insights into decision making with GOBU functions and/or Oncology Therapeutic Area Unit (OTAU). These include but are not limited to global Brand team, Global product team (GPT), and Clinical subteam (CST)
- Coordinates with US and ex-US based market insights and forecasting colleagues to provide aligned competitor insight for their activities.
- Work with brand lead to plan, coordinate and help execute key competitor workshops (War games, gap analysis, scenario planning) to prepare teams for future potential competitor threat.
- Effectively manages CI (Competitive Intelligence) vendors to best utilize resources, including arrangement of periodic training for S&CA stakeholders and leverage CI resources globally for stakeholders
- Perform relevant scientific and information analysis, particularly in relation to searching competitor information and scientific literature
- Lead the coordination, planning and execution of competitive coverage at assigned medical and scientific conferences. Provide updates to key stakeholders before, during and after the conference.
- Provide stakeholders with competitive insight with a focus on opportunities and threats that could impact Takeda s portfolio.
- Create focused competitive intelligence oral and written reports as well as news updates for specific customer groups as appropriate
- Proactively establish working relationships with project and development teams to understand and anticipate their competitive intelligence and scientific information needs
- Perform thorough in-depth searches and analysis relevant to areas of key strategic interest to Takeda Oncology
- Communicate consistent global CI assumptions across functions as well as regions in a timely manner
- Coordinate with US and ex-US based market insights and forecasting colleagues to provide aligned competitor insight for their activities
- Work with brand lead to plan, coordinate and help execute key competitor workshops (War games, gap analysis, scenario planning) to prepare teams for future potential competitor threat
- Conduct training to various stakeholders including pre-congress training and competitor deep dive to provide insight and help stakeholders understand competitor landscape for medical and commercial activities
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning information sources, retrieval and strategy for key customers
- Contribute to the development and/or assessment of new products and services to be offered by Scientific & Competitive Analysis
- Obtain and respond to feedback concerning the products and services of Scientific & Competitive Analysis
- Involvement in team-based projects and work closely with other S&CA colleagues during times of high demand.
- Effectively manage CI vendors to best utilize resources, including arrangement of periodic training for S&CA stakeholders
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A bachelor s degree in life sciences plus MS/MBA/PhD or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience in oncology or the pharmaceutical industry. Sound knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies and of information resources pertinent to the industry. Advanced degree in biochemistry or biology with work experience outside the laboratory highly preferred. Significant fluency in the use of PowerPoint, Excel and Word required. Strong verbal presentation, analytical, and critical thinking skills are essential.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please