Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer
internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program
also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- Carry out practical laboratory-based experiments on virus characterization and understanding of Takeda s vaccine candidates.
- Under supervision the intern will develop, carry out and interpret a vaccine development project that adds to the understanding of a Takeda Vaccine candidate.
- Keep an electronic lab notebook of all experiments and analysis.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without sponsorship in the future.
- Pursuing either a PharmD, Master s degree or Bachelor s degree, preferably with an emphasis in one of the following life science majors: molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry or immunology.
- Laboratory experience is a plus including but not limited to protein based assay, cell culture or previous experience with cell culture, virus work, or work in a BSL2 laboratory is a plus.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and within a team environment, show adaptability, creativity and good judgment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)