The Associate Director, Medical Communications Lead is a key member of the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Oncology team and will support hematology products marketed in the US by Takeda. This individual will be responsible for driving an integrated US Medical Communications strategy that is aligned with the overall global brand/medical strategy and meets the needs of patients and US health care providers (HCPs). To ensure the successful execution of the US Medical Communications strategy, this role will partner with all Global Medical Communications Centers of Excellence (COEs), including publications, medical information, medical review, training, congresses, grants and sponsorships, and knowledge management.
The primary focus of the Associate Director, Medical Communications Lead (Hematology) is to provide support for the US Medical Affairs organization by supporting commercial and medical material review, and by creating and supporting Medical Communications activities (including, but not limited to, scientific platforms, evidence generation strategies, advisory boards, and market access/MSL resources), to ensure consistent use of brand specific scientific statements across the organization, and through different communication channels. A candidate in this role will have accountability for the implementation of the US Medical Communications plan, including those for all Medical Communications COEs.
The Associate Director, Medical Communications Lead will collaborate with other functions within US MA Oncology (eg, medical/scientific directors, MSL team), the Global Medical Affairs team and especially the Global Medical Communications team, as well as other departments within Takeda (commercial, clinical development and preclinical/translational research).
- Drive execution for US Medical Communications strategy and tactical plan that is aligned with the overall brand strategy and medical strategy in partnership with the Medical Communications COEs
- Support Medical/Scientific Director(s) with planning US medical strategy and tactical plans in collaboration with other Medical Affairs Oncology departments, commercial development, clinical development and preclinical/translational research.
- Collaborate with Medical/Scientific Directors to deliver key Medical Communications activities including, but not limited to:
- Support the medical review of promotional and non-promotional materials for the brand and pipeline products, as appropriate.
- Scientific platform: collaborate with the global medical communications lead on the development, continuous update, and US-specific adaptation (if needed) of this foundational document, including core scientific statements, that informs all medical communications, and a scientific lexicon for consistency.
- Advisory boards and company-sponsored symposia: support development of materials and content, in collaboration with the brand US Medical/Scientific Director(s) and vendors; ensure medical accuracy and appropriate review/approval.
- MSL field resources: support the development of resources to meet the needs of the US field team; ensure medical accuracy and appropriate review/approval.
- Lead cross-functional alignment and education to ensure appropriate incorporation of scientific platform evidence statements into all medical content and medical communications for US products including, but not limited to, publications, medical information responses to unsolicited requests, slides decks, and field resources to support proactive and reactive scientific exchange.
- Ensure the scientific integrity, quality and accuracy of all deliverables with a commitment to ethical practices in the preparation and dissemination of materials.
- Collaborate with the global knowledge management department on optimal storage and access to US-specific medical communications content, as well as digital solutions for content development consistent with modern medical affairs.
- Critically evaluate the published medical and scientific literature related to Takeda oncology brands, pipeline products and relevant competitive products; maintain knowledge of product areas, current trends, and current literature.
- Manage funds and resources appropriately, including medical communications vendors.
- Remain current with modern medical affairs and industry trends related to:
- Therapeutic decision making by HCPs (therapeutic area, disease state, and product info) and
- Coverage decisions by Payers and Policymakers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- PharmD, PhD or MD degree.
- 4-5 + years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated results in one or more medical communications groups (eg, medical communications, publications, medical information, training).
- Understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management.
- Cross-functional team leadership experience within the Pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Creativity and innovation: Proven ability to think outside the box and challenge status quo is mandatory.
- Strategic Approach: Ability to identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment.
- Engage Others: Ability to create a clear and unifying vision inspiring matrix teams to excel.
- Collaboration: Ability to cultivate a broad network of relationships throughout the organization.
- Lead Change: Facilitate adjustment to functional or cross-functional plans and priorities in response to changes in strategic direction.
- Drive for Results: Support the creation of functional strategies and goals that are closely aligned with company objectives and develop metrics to track and assess performance.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen: Strong understanding of the US regulatory and compliance environment.
Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline.
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
Requires approximately 20-30% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.