Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Scientific Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences Program Management in our Cambridge office.
As an Associate Scientific Director working on the Pharma Sci (PS) team, you will be empowered to be a key player in the Pharmaceutical Sciences division of Takeda and work to develop solutions for Takeda's critical project needs, and a typical day will include:
Expected to engage others by inspiring commitment through leadership and clarity of vision. Lead by influencing through relationships, mobilize high performance through targeted development, anticipate the team s future needs and help lead the Global CMC Team (GCT) activities with those needs. Also contribute to Global Project Team (GPT) activities as Pharm Sci representative in defining and executing GPT strategy toward successful product launch and product value maximization through agreed LCM activities.
- As technical project lead (TPL) for GCT, ensuring advancement and transparency for programs to GPT Lead (GPL), PS management and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute CMC development plan with other GCT members
- Manages day to day operations and risks/issues associated with assigned program
- Leads and influences Functional and Divisional initiatives, and contributes to corporate/global initiatives.
- Exemplifies and is recognized for expertise in, and contributions to, Functional and Divisional team leadership and communication.
Technical Project Leadership:
- Leads multifunctional team in a metrics environment and effectively influence the performance of team members without authority
- Manages and oversees the timely communication and transparency of GCT activity to GPL, PS management and other key stakeholders
- Identifies, mitigates and communicates program risks to relevant stakeholders.
- Represents PS on GPT while providing strategy and accountability for PS deliverables. In doing so, accountable for all aspects of program management including budgets, timeline development, risk assessment etc.
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and alliance partners, to advance and promote understanding of PS mission/job purpose and capability.
- Leads/participates as functional expert in divisional and cross-divisional initiatives.
- Identifies, evaluates, develops, recommends and/or negotiates novel solutions to meet assigned program needs.
- Demonstrates humility and approachability in encouraging others to challenge ideas and openly raise issues.
- Lead/contribute to enhance individual skills of pharmaceutical product development.
- Lead/contribute in developing the capabilities of the department by identifying opportunities and anticipating changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business, and proposing innovative solutions to address them.
- Inspires commitment through a wide range of communication channels (meetings, writing, and presentations).
- Collaborate with other members in the department to ensures that operational standards and practices within the function meet state-of-the-art industry expectations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS + 15 years experience, or MS + 12 years experience, or PhD + 10 years experience
- Ability to propose and influence development that results in a commercially viable product.
- Must have the maturity to utilize scientific and technical knowledge to provide unique business solutions.
- Experience must be in a scientific discipline with expert knowledge across the full spectrum of PS related pharmaceutical development.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of several allied fields, such as biologics, analytical/organic/physical chemistry, process engineering, pharmaceutics, quality assurance, DMPK, Pharmacology and/or Toxicology.
- Extensive knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), ICH Guidelines, other pertinent national regulations, compendial requirements and communicating with regulatory agencies.
- Must have experience in global regulatory submission requirements and processes
Program Management Skills/Competencies:
- Proficient in the application of project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques for complex multidisciplinary programs and initiatives.
- Leadership - develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide internal and external stakeholders towards the accomplishment of program, divisional and corporate goals and objectives; adapts well to different personalities and manages others on the team in a respectful manner.
- Risk Management ability to identify/solve technical, budgetary, and schedule risks to multiple programs and propose appropriate risk response strategies. Ability to identify gaps in PS technology/trends and influence change/improvements to affected areas/processes.
- Communication ability to expresses one s self clearly and concisely to key stakeholders; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts style, language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience. Can represent PS viewpoint at corporate and industry level.
- Resource Management Ability to anticipate and manage internal and external resource needs (people, information, technologies, time, and capital).
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.