- Apply bio/cheminformatic techniques and execute cutting edge algorithmic solutions to enable the mining, curation, analysis and modeling of complex biological and pharmacokinetic data
- Directly support both small and large molecule project teams to enable superior candidate selection through structure- and pharmacology-based analyses of in vitro and in vivo toxicological data
- Work collaboratively with Discovery Toxicology colleagues to assist in the development and validation of novel in silico and in vitro predictive tools for the prediction of adverse toxicological events
- Promote superior lead optimization and clinical candidate selection through integration into early discovery project teams and supporting the application of Takeda s Early Safety Strategy
- To be proactive in the assessment, mitigation and timely dissemination of a project s potential safety risks
- Use existing and novel bio/cheminformatic tools and techniques, including systems pharmacology, to extract and visualize knowledge from chemical, biological and pharmacological data.
- Work with Discovery Toxicology and Pharmacology scientists to develop tools, algorithms and databases, for the advancement of Takeda s biologics strategy.
- Influence the direction of drug design and improve the quality of drug candidates through the development of toxicology-based SARs
- Create structure-based relational databases to aid in the interrogation, interpretation, and visualization of biological, pharmacokinetic, and toxicological data.
- Work collaboratively on computational projects across multiple disciplinary areas, including drug safety, DMPK, medicinal chemistry, and pharmacology
- Develop and maintain global platforms that integrate internal and external toxicity prediction models and databases
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in computational chemistry or equivalent with demonstrable understanding of medicinal and organic chemistry
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in pharmaceutical drug projects
- Demonstrated experience in data curation, data mining and an ability to interrogate, interpret, and visualize large and diverse, biological and toxicological datasets
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of drug discovery including medicinal chemistry and basic principles of drug pharmacokinetics and metabolism.
- Demonstrated experience with linear and non-linear statistical modeling methodologies for machine learning
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging in silico methodologies to drive drug discovery projects
- Demonstrated ability in the validation of new models and databases
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, C/C++, Java, R, Python) along with experience of data manipulation tools such as Pipeline Pilot and Spotfire
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team is essential.
- Pre-clinical or clinical drug safety experience is desirable
- Experience with computational biology tools and identifying pharmacological pathways of relevance to toxicology is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to independently implement computational workflows starting from raw data through processing, analysis, and visualization
- Skilled in clearly and concisely communicating complex computational approaches and methodology to non-computational scientists and other stakeholders
- Strong, written, oral communication and influencing skills are essential
- Self-starter with a high level of independence
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.