This position will be responsible for providing in vitro pharmacology and executive assistant support.
- Perform RNA extraction and quantification
- Perform immunoblot protein analysis
- Perform cell culture
- Prepare samples for external shipments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in immunology, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 10 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with rodents as well as human tissues, cells, and fluids.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in Immunology Biology.
- Previous experience with each of the following is preferred but not required: animal handling and dosing, RNA preparation/sequencing, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, and IHC.
- Potential exposure to cold temperatures, loud noises, reactive chemicals and possible rodent allergens.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)