Head of Payer Planning and Analytics
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Payer Planning and Analytics. Position will be based in our Boston office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Head of Payer Planning and Analytics working on the Commercial Planning & Pricing team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
This position is responsible for leading a team that develops business case assessments, pre-and post-deal analytics, and recommendations to senior management for rebate expenditures with payers, PBMs, channel partners, and government entities. The individual will leverage a deep understanding of the PBM/payer and pharmaceutical businesses to serve as a thought partner for the Managed Markets account teams. Collaborates with Contracts and Pricing, Managed Markets, Brand Leaders, Sales, and Finance to achieve organizational access, brand, and financial goals. The position will provide financial oversight with the goal of optimizing product access and return on discount investments. This individual will work to understand and clearly communicate the financial impact of contracting decisions on net sales/price and volume, including partnership in the annual/quarterly planning process. Evaluates the changing marketplace and proactively makes recommendations on contracting and access intiatives to optimize performance. The position will also build and develop internal insights and analysis capabilities to assess payer account and contract performance to inform decision-making.
- Translates established brand strategies and contracting objectives into actionable plans by developing specific payer approaches to improve patient access and financial performance, in partnership with Managed Markets account teams
- Responsible for the Managed Markets Business Case process across all relevant channels (payer, PBM, site-of-care, GPO, etc.), including structure and content of formal reviews and presentations with the Executive Takeda leadership team Communicates the link between payer channels, brand strategies and performance on overall ROI objectives.
- Proactively plans, identifies, and anticipates contracting risks and opportunities
- Creates tools and processes to measure ROI associated with multiple contracting alternatives and scenarios. Combines marketplace knowledge and data resources to develop a comprehensive approach to evaluate business opportunities. Works cross functionally to ensure business cases comply with standard operating procedures. Communicates company guidelines to ensure compliance among self and team members.
- Provides support to the Managed Markets & Trade organizations as a thought partner to assess impact of various contracting strategies and scenarios, proactively develops insights, communicates negotiation levers and tactics, to achieve access & financial goals
- Ensures team members provide necessary information and supporting materials needed to make informed contracting decisions.
- Delivers high impact presentations, seeks participation and gains commitment as necessary.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & OVERSIGHT
- Provides input and analysis to inform the annual/quarterly planning cycles, including anticipated impact of payer contracts
- Collaborates with Brand Leaders, Contracts & Pricing, Managed Markets, and Finance to develop plan assumptions, including impact of payer contract changes, strategies, and marketplace events on net sales.
- Provides fiduciary oversight as part of the established process for business case and contract development, including business case assumptions and management of overall planned discount investment for each brand/therapy area.
- Works with team members and cross functional organizations to ensure tools and financial estimates are accurate and consistent with corporate objectives.
- Responsible for staffing, training, performance management as well as the provision of all necessary equipment, supplies and services for maximizing operating effectiveness of this team.
- Utilizes industry knowledge and experience to teach skills needed to identify and mobilize available Managed Markets analytical resources appropriately.
- Provides ongoing coaching and individual development opportunities for team members, responsible for overall team effectiveness
ANALYTICS AND INSIGHTS
- Proactively leverages analytics and insights development to inform decision-makign and trade-off scenarios
- Oversees development of pre-deal analysis plans and also establishes a process for post-deal analytics including communication to key stakeholders
- Integrates data and information from various sources to feed business case analysis, reporting, scorecards, etc.
- Creates and maintains library of product and scenario analogs to inform contracting assessments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor s degree
At least 10 years of relevant business experience, including increasing areas of progressive responsibility during career
5 years at direct people and team management experience
5-7 + years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: Analytics, Marketing, Pricing/Contracting, Managed Markets, or financial planning in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience working within or in support of a Managed Markets organization in pharmaceuticals, including direct experience working with key customer groups (e.g. PBMs, Payers)
- Master s Degree in business administration or other related field is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare or other related industry may be acceptable.
- Experience working with buy & bill infusion products, specialty pharmaceuticals, distribution networks is highly preferred
- Previous experience working within a health plan or PBM, in a capacity that involved contracting with pharmaceutical companies or similar
Competencies & Skills
- Financial analysis and modeling including ability to conduct in-depth ROI analysis, develop business cases, and assess financial trade-offs
- Ability to strategically apply insights to improve contracting success and financial outcomes
- Deep understanding of PBM and payer operations and financials, the pharmaceutical value chain and financials, classes of trade, government pricing and chargebacks, ASP pricing, etc.
- Develop and communicate impactful and effective presentations to senior level
- Working understanding of available data sources and analytics used in the assessment of Managed Markets business performance
- Negotiation strategy and approach
- Ability to work in a collaborative, matrix environment with successful outcomes
- Role is estimated to have 5 - 15 direct reports.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.