Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years. In the US, Shionogi
Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
This Director, Marketing will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing strategic and tactical professional education plans, and launch operations for a
novel hospital antibiotic product.
- Provide direction and input for the development of all professional education and promotional materials.
- Design and manage scientific commercial strategy and tactical planning to build and execute a successful launch of a product into the hospital market.
- Ensure a very high level of understanding of the relevant science and product data, as well as of marketplace, diagnostics, market access, and competitive and external stakeholder dynamics.
- Collaborate closely with Medical Affairs and lead the design and execution of communications activities relating to KOL s, congresses, advocacy groups, speaker programs, training programs and other external/internal engagement activities.
- Effectively manage relationships with ad agencies to ensure optimum development of promotional tools while remaining within the assigned budget.
- Liaise with the Market Access team and external stakeholders to understand, design and implement plans to remove barriers and facilitate product uptake in the hospital / ID market.
- Assist the sales training team with the necessary technical expertise to aid in the development of all sales training materials.
- Create, track and regularly present launch readiness activities constant with scope of responsibilities to senior management.
- Collaborate closely with the Diagnostics Division in creation and execution of diagnostics strategies to remove barriers and expedite product uptake.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget.
- Travel may range from 15-30%; primarily domestic.
- Bachelors degree in marketing (or a similarly relevant field); MBA / Advanced Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of progressive and developmental experience in sales and marketing roles in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least three (3) years in marketing roles in the hospital antibiotics market.
- Passion & enthusiasm for pharma marketing.
- Strong scientific understanding of Anti-infectives.
- Experience should include senior level marketing responsibility (e.g. Product Director) for one or more products, and should include product launch responsibilities.
- Proven experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with key collaborators through the consistent demonstration of scientific & disease state knowledge, and satisfactory follow-through.
- Demonstrated experience in professional education and KOL development.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing opportunity analysis, market building tools and strategy
- Experience managing competing priorities in a relatively fast-moving environment.
- Highest ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to articulate clearly and conduct verbal presentations with large and small audiences.
- Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity. We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.