Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
The Director, Sales Training will lead the design and delivery of all training and development solutions for the field sales organization with a focus on Specialty Pharma and Hospital
- Development of competency models and their implementation.
- Development and implementation of curriculum based on business needs.
- Development and implementation of a leadership and talent assessment center.
- Development of the corporate training plan in collaboration with HR.
- Implement the POA process in collaboration with Sales Management.
- Develop and implement training to support the launch of new products in collaboration with Marketing.
- Develop and implement a curriculum for all employees in support of their Individual Development Plan s and the needs of the business.
- Implement computer training solutions that optimize the balance between cost effectiveness, content quality and user experience.
- Continually improve the impact of the training by staying current and informed of new training delivery and content development.
- Work closely with Director of Training and Development on individuals identified, by the Shionogi sales leadership team on further leadership opportunities for their respective leadership team of district managers.
- Bachelor s degree with advanced degree desired.
- 10 plus years overall business experience in the pharmaceutical industry to include at least 6 years of successful sales and sales management experience; and at least 4 years experience in a national training sales training capacity.
- Deep knowledge of Specialty Pharma Market, and the Hospital
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, market, and customers.
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate clearly and conduct verbal presentations with large and small audiences.
- Very good overall computer skills, advanced application in PowerPoint; with ability to view video display terminal images < 18 away from face for extended period of time up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Proven experience with 1:1 coaching and classroom facilitation.
- Travel approximately 25% -- with ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane.
- Rotational experience in a related area (i.e. Marketing, Sales Operations, etc.) is a plus.
- GI / Hepatology experience is preferred; experience with Antibiotics is also a plus.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html -- and meet the requirements of this opportunity. We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.