An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Key Account Manager, Oncology, to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in Munich, Germany. A very patient-focused company, who scientific research has resulted in 15 marketed products that are benefitting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. In this role the KAM will be one of our key contributors in our oncology team providing patients and health care professionals access to our life saving drugs. The focus will be on highly specialised medical doctors that provide treatment in this area. Our Therapeutic Specialists are well versed to discuss and explain the characteristics and benefits of our treatment(s) in this highly scientific and versatile ecosystem.
- Responsible for achieving revenue, managing budget and creating the - success critical -regional, business & key account plans.
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Represents products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area.
- Utilises a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of products to healthcare professionals.
- Prepares business plan for own territory, assigns targets and communicates required actions to achieve goals.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal team members on various cross-functional projects.
- Works as an individual contributor.
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and national law is required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Has proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor's resources and practices.
- Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
- Can identify rising issues / solutions / opportunities and is able to present / communicate arguments to management/marketing.
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, able to identify and understand moderately to complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Can work in cross-functional teams.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience is essential and relevant therapeutic working knowledge is desirable.
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Todd Wigmore on +44 203 7520 312 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.