ProClinical is working with a mid-size Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has a massive global reach who is seeking an Associate Director, Project Manager. They are a company that strives to deliver cost-effective, quick-to-market clinical services in today's emerging marketplace. It has one of the largest global footprints of any CRO today and they are committed to not only maintaining their standard, but to continue to strengthen their presence even further. They offer a unique working environment with a global team culture, competitive salary and benefits package. This position entails managing Project Managers and assisting them in the execution of projects to a high standard of quality and within contractual budget and timelines. Work across departments and locations to ensure Project Managers are delivering a quality full-service product to its sponsors. To oversee/ensure all aspects of project development are conducted in accordance to sponsors requirements.
- Line manage, direct, lead, develop and supervise Project Managers.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external clients. Face-to-face and remote liaison with client contacts to review and discuss status (e.g. project successes, issues and opportunities) of awarded projects.
- Lead and develop Project Management teams, to ensure optimal focus on goals and achievement of objectives. Provide expertise, guidance, advice, support and motivate project teams in the management of the assigned clinical trials. Maintain an overview of projects managed by allocated Project Managers to identify potential high-risk areas and resolve project related issues on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Project Manages in managing project finance including identifying change orders. Collaborate with Finance to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that SOPs, ICH - GCP Guidelines and local regulations are implemented in clinical trials managed by POI and assist QA department with developing new SOPs and reviewing current SOPs.
- Work with PM management team to ensure appropriate resourcing of Project Management staff on projects. Liaise regularly with the Director Project Management on project issues.
- Participate in the selection process for Project Managers e.g. formal interviews, inductions etc.
- Review each project to include clinical progress, quality, risks and budgetary status at the Project Review Meeting.
- Monitor and appraise the performance and compliance of project managers in conducting their agreed objectives and/or their contractual obligations. Implement checks for agreed objectives of Project Managers.
- Review, identify and recommend training needs for Project Managers. Assist with POI internal training as and when required.
- Participate in project management and corporate initiatives supporting the development of the project management function POI.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD, Life Science, nursing background and/ or combination of education/experience
- Minimum 8 years project management and clinical trial management experience including coaching of Project Managers
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Ability to work across multiple functions and cultures
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Excellent English communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and ability to deal with competing priorities
- Strong reasoning and creative solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Jonathon Senior on +44 203 8569 334 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.