US-MD, Quantitative Data Manager | Investment Management 452431224258-MZ
|Quantitative Data Manager | Investment Management |
A client of ours is looking to bring on board an experienced quantitative investment manager to join their organically growing team. The firm is a tier one investment management firm, and their recent mandate is for an experienced quantitative professional with a broad array of knowledge in data science related to portfolio modeling, asset allocation, and risk management modeling techniques. The role will require the ideal candidate to grow out a small team that will be responsible for the oversight and continuous development of state of the art statistical models that will be leveraged throughout the firm’s portfolio management and investment framework.
Responsibilities will include but are not subject exclusively to:
- Perform quantitative and fundamental analysis to assist in evaluation trading models
- Conduct extensive sensitivity reporting with regards to market risk metrics
- Develop various statistical models through data collection and data filtering that will be used by the investment and trading teams
- Create state of the art tools focused on predictive analytics and algorithms that will solve complex business problems
- Process and present informative data reports to investment and technology committee
- Manage and grow a small team of data scientists
- Report directly to the Head of Global Investment Data Solutions
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Econometrics or related field
- Minimum of Ten years of work experience in data science as it is related to investment management (preferably the buy side)
- Very strong knowledge of statistical package tools, particularly SQL, R, SAS, ect.
- Proven track record of managing projects, taking the lead, and delivering effective presentations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to pursue a long-term career in an investment management environment
Compensation for this position is very competitive, with a base + bonus incentive. Total package can be anywhere from $250,000 - $300,000 for a qualified candidate.
Visa sponsorships are available.
Please visit our website at www.phaidoninternational.com