|About the Department|
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Responsible for supporting and facilitating NNI Patient experience digital health (DH) strategy and execution efforts ensuring close ties and coordination with key NNI stakeholders and global digital health counterparts. The role will foster NNI cross-functional and global DH collaboration in the development of successful US market offerings. This is a key role in defining and developing digital health/innovative patient support capabilities including identifying and implementing appropriate internal skill sets and processes identifying potential partners for business development opportunities and supporting current and future pilots to deliver on business objectives. The role will support the Patient Experience DH Senior Director by executing against the NNI Patient Experience and DH strategy in close collaboration with all other functions of the patient marketing area.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Patient Experience & Digital Health Innovation. Collaborates with colleagues within the team, Diabetes Marketing (at large), Sales, Medical, Managed Markets, Regulatory, Trade, Legal, Product Communications and other internal cross-functional teams. Also interacts with headquarters Digital Health, device R&D, external agencies and organizations, DH advisors, healthcare professionals, market access customers and patients. Manages a team.
- Develops and executes key DH initiatives/projects delivering optimal value, scalability, cost savings and alignment. Regularly evaluates the effectiveness, value and impact of existing programs while monitoring competitor’s efforts; DH expert to integrate with brand strategies and tactical plan
- Stays current with DH innovation and competitive landscape, evaluates/identifies opportunities for DH business development opportunities related to patient support with pull through to other stakeholders in the value chain (HCP and payer); Partners with Commercial Effectiveness to provide competitive landscape understanding and assessment
- Utilizes knowledge of technology to support data and asset integration with DH projects/initiatives
- Provides direction to partners in the execution of DH efforts; Ensures timely alignment/coordination of cross functional inputs and requirements
- Manages DH budget-makes sound decisions to optimize spend/ensure resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services is maintained. Optimize agency/partnership expenses; Follow internal/external procedures in managing contracts; Tracks/reconciles expenses to ensure budget alignment
- Facilitates annual DH strategic and tactical planning and execution of multi-stakeholder marketing plans to drive patients to engage with DH offerings
- Identifies and develops comprehensive measurements, analytics, reporting to evaluate effectiveness of DH initiatives
- Work effectively with key support functions to ensure alignment with the brand objectives including brand teams, operations, IT, HQ DH, legal, regulatory, medical, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), etc.
- Work with external commercial partnerships (e.g. digital startups or established companies) focusing on business development opportunities
- Support NNI leadership with setting DH direction and insight; Support/pull-through global DH initiatives related to NNI local market
20-30% overnight travel required.
Development of People
Ensure that the individual development plan (IDP) forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Health Technology or Economics, (combination is preferred) or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree in related fields preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive marketing and IT/DH experience (or combination thereof) required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in dedicated DH role from a global healthcare company
- Knowledge of and experience with DH ecosystem (external and internal) and/or DH/therapeutics start-up organization
- Extensive business technology experience, quality and regulatory awareness; Experience in business development; establishing and facilitating strategic business partnerships/agreements; building business cases and presenting for all levels of management
- A minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience
- Proven track record in developing new digital health strategic partnerships
- Project Management expertise with a proven track record executing a mix of digital health, business development, organization development and technology
- Creative, collaborative and innovative thinker with the ability to work effectively across the organization and to foster teamwork
- Experience with venture or start up community/culture preferred (e.g. facilitated hackathons or part of venture competitions)
- Must exhibit strategic thought and leadership with ability to think at the big picture level, as well ability to translate strategic objectives into specific initiatives and manage successful execution
- Proven track record of aligning value and opportunity of digital technologies with commercial business needs and development
- Proven track record of c-level+ stakeholder engagement and presentation skills
- Planning, Execution and Follow-Up-effectively prioritizes what is important. Develops accurate short and long-term plans, forecasting and business analysis. Ensures timely execution and follow-up. Meets deadlines. Anticipates problems/roadblocks to avoid crisis management
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59606BR
Job Category: Marketing